Lure Prices

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:10 am

Have lure prices gone up lately or possibly its just that I have only recently been introdced to Bass fishing
and these prices have always been about.
I know there are lures available to match everyones pocket but the most I have paid is about €24, I see some new ones
about for €35.

At this rate I'm gonna need a second job.

http://www.henrystackleshop.com/product ... d144d42e8a

Tks
Wayne

Re: Lure Prices

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:13 pm

I Agree with you, prices for lures are very expensieve in ireland.I would recommend veals,gerrys of morecombe,harrissportmail in the uk or basspro in the states(you have to pay import duty from the states).At present sterling is .92 nearly parity with the euro.The service from the uk is very good and they have a good range of lures including jellies etc,try there websites for info.

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:23 pm

Thanks for the Info Phil,

Great selection of lures their alright, I think you have opened Pandoras Box !!

Tks
Wayne

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:31 pm

Japanese rods, reels, lures etc have all gone pricey due to the exchange rate with the yen & do we really feel that a €35 lure gives us any more advantage over a €15 lure??? I think not. We are like sheep & buy what other people are catching on, forums are good advertisements for lure shops. My best lure last year was a cheap copy of a well know lure & my biggest lure caught bass was taken on a £2 lure from a local tackle shop. Don't get me wrong I buy the expensive lures but I fish places that I'm frightened to use them, so I use the cheap lures & catch on them.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:03 pm

There is much truth in what Bagpuss said. The fear we will miss out on the "magic lure" is a godsend to the sellers of lures. All you have to do is get a few capable (preferably big name) anglers fishing with the expensive lures you have the import rights to, get them to post reports of its great capabilities in catch reports and blogs and wait for the orders to roll in. There is so much product placement around on certain sites and blogs now you start to question the partiality of anything you read.

However some of the pricy lures do work well, whether they work better than cheaper lures depends on the specific lure and how you fish it. There may be a relationship between to price and effectivness I suspect but its far from a perfect correlation. Some of the lures I fish are home made, they catch, cost little (except time!) and the rewards from catching are greater than if you have followed the pack and scored your your pastic from a pusher of japanes gear!