Good luck/Bad luck

Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:49 pm

There it was, Hiding in the weed at the bottom of a rock,and dead as a door nail, body scales missing and bite marks all over it,
I had not seen one for years yes it was a "bomber" one of my favourite lures!
home it came and old paint scrapped off for a refurb, now this little beauty deserved a bit more than the nail varnish treatment
so off to the tackle shop and bought some reflective film used for fly tying . A few hours later there it was,superb!
All shiney and lovely ready for a bass.
tonight was the night, not perfect weather with the wind from N.E. Fisrt cast a small pollock second cast, small pollock,third cast wallop!!
a bass a lot of splashing on the surface, from what felt like a nice size fish then nothing, lost it.
next cast , stuck solid, 20lb braid and 20lb leader takes alot of pulling the leader gaveup and so did I .
Bugger!!!
Pete

Re: Good luck/Bad luck

Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:07 pm

pete the plug wrote:There it was, Hiding in the weed at the bottom of a rock,and dead as a door nail, body scales missing and bite marks all over it,
I had not seen one for years yes it was a "bomber" one of my favourite lures!
home it came and old paint scrapped off for a refurb, now this little beauty deserved a bit more than the nail varnish treatment
so off to the tackle shop and bought some reflective film used for fly tying . A few hours later there it was,superb!
All shiney and lovely ready for a Bass.
tonight was the night, not perfect weather with the wind from N.E. Fisrt cast a small pollock second cast, small pollock,third cast wallop!!
a Bass a lot of splashing on the surface, from what felt like a nice size fish then nothing, lost it.
next cast , stuck solid, 20lb braid and 20lb leader takes alot of pulling the leader gaveup and so did I .
Bugger!!!
Pete

:D :D :D :D :D

:D

Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:19 pm

That's hard luck, it's harsh having the 'will it, won't it come out' feeling. specially when you've been to all the trouble of tarting it yourself. Had a similar experience myself last week when I lost a Crystal Minnow 3rd cast.... bye bye €15!!!

Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:29 pm

could have been worse it could have been this lure http://www.macdaddysfishinglures.com/mi ... lure.shtml :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:26 pm

:shock: ... better not let Herself see that one, she can stick to the 1.99 feathers.... :D

:( Sympathies Pete, that was a cruel trick of fate all right. I know the pain - I recently lost a dressed-up old lure I'd had for 30 years. Never caught much with it but it had become a kind of talisman in my tackle box.