Re: storm chug bugs

Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:27 pm

James Barry wrote:The chug bug was my number one surface lure until I tryed the patchinko....

The Patchinko is the best alright. I lost mine last week when my albright knot unravelled itself.....I'm not the best at the auld knots :oops: . I felt an immediate sense of loss :( .

Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Having used the chug bug (both sizes) I also found them reluctant to fly any distance, but they are fish catchers ! It maybe that you need to look to the area in which you trying with them. i have used them with effect very close in parallell to the shore.
For distance work or a head wind my fist choice for poppers is the mag poppers, fly like bullets and still pop in bad water.
Only just joined the site and would like to hear from members in the Kerry area.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:51 pm

Ahem just a few words the Chug Bug kicks ass look at the fella to the right, 8 lbs 4 oz silver blue chug bug amazing fight and what a take 3 hugh slashes with the bass leaping from the water on each occasion, outstanding stuff, and they are easy to cast using the old 20 lb power pro braid :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:15 am

nice fish ... :mrgreen: and on a top water! :mrgreen:

Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:49 pm

I honestly didnt think my 1st post on the chug would kick up such a debate thanks to all the replies and input.And on a positive note it seems the chug has a very reliable reputation and has alot of fans.

wilky83 wrote:Ahem just a few words the Chug Bug kicks ass look at the fella to the right, 8 lbs 4 oz silver blue chug bug amazing fight and what a take 3 hugh slashes with the Bass leaping from the water on each occasion, outstanding stuff, and they are easy to cast using the old 20 lb power pro braid :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a report and great snap , need to take your advice on the line ,i was using 30lb mono for casting the chug(amatuer),heading out in the next hour with this new found knowledge.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:04 am

some insperation for ya. 8)
, it seems to work best in choppy sea,s, ya get some savage hits on em., with the lure often sent flying several feet in the air closly followed by the bass :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:17 am

Who is that fella in the pic? Think the Feed Shallow is better. Cortaz may know better.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Hi

My first bass on a lure was on a chug bug. I use 20lb braid and have no trouble casting it even with the slightest of flicks. The take or even attempted takes with this floating plug are electric to say the least. As I got my first lure bass with one the Chug Bug will always have a special place in my heart and it also has a special place in my lure box!!! :)

Aside from its fish catching capabilities.....the silver/blue pattern on mine has begun to wear off at the head of the plug. Is there anything that can be done to "patch" it up or even to prevent this happening in the first place? I think the wear is from the treble hitting it on impact...could be wrong though.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Pat wrote:
James Barry wrote:The chug bug was my number one surface lure until I tryed the patchinko....

The Patchinko is the best alright. I lost mine last week when my albright knot unravelled itself.....I'm not the best at the auld knots :oops: . I felt an immediate sense of loss :( .

I know what you mean, i'm crap at tying knots so I got the bloke in the tackle shop to tie the albright knot for me, first cast my Xlayer gone :cry: :twisted: I put on spare spool with mono and it worked great for me :D

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:29 pm

whatever about knots....its when you cast and something wraps around something and crack!
away she goes.... :cry: :cry:
still.....its an excuse........... :shock: :shock: :shock: