Shads and jelly worms

Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:13 pm

ny advice on different patturns or colours for shads or jelly worms for county down, i use them sometimes and get some fish on them.

Re: Shads and jelly worms

Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Dan,

I don't know about Down but a lot of people reckon certain colours work better for particular species. Example: black jellyworm with red firetail for pollock, white shad with redhead for coalies. I'd reckon that would be the case anywhere in Ireland. Mind you its probably worth experimentin with all sorts of colours. I find twintails quite good. Also, any time i'm in america I can never get over the amound of shads and soft baits on display in stores. Racks of the things. Amazing to see really.

sk

Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:58 pm

i must have over 100 jelly worms, atleast 60 shads and loads of twintails, rubber prawns, rubber grubs, rubber sandeels and rubber squid.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:00 pm

Tell me about it,

when i used em a lot i was buyin em in packs of 100 at times. All bulk packs. Don't use em as much these days. Would be afraid to do a count of my plugs and tot up total cost though :shock:

sk

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:10 pm

must have about 1000+ lures altogether including spinners (for pike, perch, trout etc), tobies and spoons (for pike, perch, trout, salmon, mackerel etc), plugs (bass, pike and perch), jellies (pike, perch, codling, pollack and coalies).
have a full bag full, about 10 boxes full and atleast 200 lures in my sea fishing box.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:13 pm

why do we keep buyin more when we can't even use wot we have???? I

t must be the power of marketing. I def have ones I've never used. Maybe a sale is on the agenda and a foreign fishing holiday from the proceeds - where i can spend another fortune on more tackle :lol: :lol:

sk

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:21 pm

dunno :?: :?: :?: :?: