multi sectioned plugs

Fishing with Plugs, Spinners and other Artificials

Moderators: teacher, MAC

multi sectioned plugs

Postby seanie35 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:36 pm

picked up some new plugs today, 1 of them has a series of sections running 2 thirds of the way to the tail looks like it will give realistic movement, anyone out there use these and have had some success :shock:
Attachments
2008_10180001 (Custom).JPG
2008_10180001 (Custom).JPG (52.79 KiB) Viewed 828 times
Species....good film.....I'll get my coat
seanie35
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 231 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: multi sectioned plugs

Postby JRHartley » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:45 pm

For 125 euros I'd expect it to grab hold of a fish and wrestle it back to shore ! :D

Seen vids of similar types to these and they look to have a great action. never tried one myself yet though
JRHartley

Postby seanie35 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:52 pm

if i would spend that on a plug could you imagine the rod and reel id have to use :lol: , got them in talinn estonia, worked out about 6 euros a plug, reckon it should swim well, off till next week so taking it for a test soon
seanie35
SAI Megalodon!

Postby tomi » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:11 pm

Those plugs have very realistic action, but it looks more like snake than any fish in water. I'w used similar ones for pike, and they work well, esspecially on slow retrieve. Make sure that you slow down the line on the spool, just before plug hit the surface- otherwise trebles will be tangeld in line...
Good luck, and houpfully bass will loves it too...
It is not a matter of upper or lower class, but of being up a while and down a while...
tomi
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Richie07 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:31 pm

I have used this exact same lure this Summer a few times but never had any luck. It's a deep diver and looks very realistic when it's coming back up throught the depts, I had to change the trebles on it though as I found the ones they come with are very heavy and they keep getting caught together so I put slightly smaller trebles on, actually worked better., but as I said I had no takes.
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at the office!
Richie07
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 109 times

Postby seanie35 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:20 pm

:shock: i messed up richie i thought it was a shallow diver which is what i wanted, thought the more the lips went in line with the body the deeper they go...... :lol: might fish it upside down
seanie35
SAI Megalodon!

Postby teacher » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:45 pm

seanie35 wrote::shock: i messed up richie i thought it was a shallow diver which is what i wanted, thought the more the lips went in line with the body the deeper they go...... :lol: might fish it upside down

Looking at your photo, like yourself I would have thought it was a very shallow bait. The small near-vertical blade is the same as that found on wake-baits etc. It should work just below and create a bulge on the surface of the water. Try it out and let us know!!
"Pier fishing was, indeed, an eccentric, unproductive and extremely dull occupation, and even if we'd posessed the necessary heavy plant we decided not to attempt it." Chris Yates, Out of the Blue.
teacher
SAI Megalodon!

Postby truebluehillrep16 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:56 pm

i have this plug and have had fish on it up to 6lbs fishs well in a big swell.not to be used in clam sea state and over shollow ground as you will get chought up in the clep.
truebluehillrep16
SAI Lug Worm

Postby Richie07 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:38 pm

It sinks when you cast and you should bring it back on a slowish retrieve, maybe try some jerky action aswell, fishes to about 2/3 ft below surface. It's a bit weighty around the 32gm mark.
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at the office!
Richie07
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 109 times

Return to Lure Fishing