Bass Bandit and shads...

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:04 pm

Picked up the above today in the local tackle shop,
Just wondering do you knock them along the bottom?
Fast retrieve or slow retrieve?
Got the bandit stuck nearly 6 euro down the drain got it out eventually :roll:
Have any of you lads have had much sucess with either of the above?

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:59 pm

the bandit is a cracking lure, when spinning too far out for plugs

Bass

Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:57 pm

It is always better to have the lure up in the water rather than bumping along the bottom. Bass will rise to take a lure but apparently will not dive down to take it. I also find that fishing a lure quite fast is productive for bass. They are very quick on the attack. Fishing a lure slowly may give them more time to inspect it and change their mind! My most successful lure fish quite near the surface. The only exception is the Sliver which is use in deep water off the rocks or from my boat.

Lures

Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:01 pm

Stan have to disagree with ye Im afraid.. Bass will certainly take a lure that is bouncing on the bottom. Admittedly neither of the lures mentioned are the right ones for the job but with the right kit bass will definetly be tempted. I have taken a good number of fish this way particularly in the colder months... In the summer over clean shallow beaches I often fish a diving lure and bump it into the bottom to send up puffs of sand and it attracts a strike from bass.. Also lures should not always be fished at speed, if you have quality lures then often slowing things down a bit will induce a take, twitching as opposed to just winding like the clappers.. Particularly with surface lures which can be fished very slowly to great effect! Hope this helps a bit James!

Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:29 pm

Nice one lads, thanks for the replys!!

Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:30 pm

make sure you rinse the bass bandits well in fresh water the hooks are prone to rusting i just did a spring clean of my lure bag and noticed the bass bandit was looking a tad rusty one small tug and the hook came out of the lead :cry: