lure fishing in kerry

Fishing with Plugs, Spinners and other Artificials

Moderators: teacher, MAC

lure fishing in kerry

Postby i hate whiting » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:27 pm

hi all just wondering if anyone knows of any good areas to lure fish for bass mainly. were coming over in august and fancy some bassing and pollacking. im guessing the pollack will mostly be from the deep rock marks, but what about the bass? which are the best lures to use for each species aswell? cheers. i was thinking jelly worms and toby like things for the pollack, and poppers or shallow divers for bass??? cheers
i hate whiting

Postby Liamo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi,

Big shads such as the ones from Strom produce good pollack for me here in Kerry. Don't be afraid to use a lure that's big enough. Find shads and leadheads easier to fish in the heavier ground rather than spinners for the pollack. Use heavy lures 1 1/2oz plus to get down deep and fast for the pollack. Can't recommend particular types as the really big boys wise up to lures fast so a brand new creation might just prove to be the business.

Bass wise, Duel Allie Magnets (particularly black/gold) are one of my favourites, Dexter wedges are excellent spinners, Maria Chase/Storm Jointed Thundersticks (black/Silver) or similar shallow diving lures work well. These would be the lures I use most often here in Kerry.

Liam
Liamo

Postby TREEMAN1963 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:40 am

Hi Liamo - I am coming over to kerry in August too. Any marks near to Glenbeigh that you can suggest for bass/pollack and perhaps some decent marks for general bottom fishing?

Many thanks

:D
TREEMAN1963

Postby GrahamHill » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:19 pm

TREEMAN1963 wrote:Hi Liamo - I am coming over to kerry in August too. Any marks near to Glenbeigh that you can suggest for bass/pollack and perhaps some decent marks for general bottom fishing?

Many thanks

:D

bit too early in the year for kerry, Bass wise,, kevin brain waterville will put you lads right down there :shock: :shock:
GrahamHill
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Big Bear » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:33 pm

for the pollack i have had good success on a black eel with a bright yellow tail just as the sun is setting seems to pick up the better pollack over the jellyworm.....thats my opinion
Big Bear
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 15 times

Postby TREEMAN1963 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:25 am

Thanks for all the info guys :D
TREEMAN1963

Return to Lure Fishing