Popping for Trevally

Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:49 pm

I've been a keen reader of Mike Ladle's for a long time, he's fanatical about his lure fishing and he's always trying new things.

Just read this article & saw the video of his mate Steve Pitts playing a GT in the seychelles, what a hit on the popper. Looks like alot of fun.

http://www.mikeladle.com/archive/catch205.html

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:56 pm

I think there's something special about fishing surface lures, for any size of fish. I get a sense of being "closer" to the fish ... even in poor visibility you can see fish attack the lure, often having a few bashes at it. Magic.

Hey

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:17 pm

Class link, now thats what fishing should look like! Have to agree with teacher you can't top surface fishing, its a knee trembler.. Im hooked this is going to be one long cold winter. :roll:

Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:53 pm

[url]http://www.carpenter.ne.jp/co%20movie%20box.htm[/url]

Another link to a few nice popping video for GT and Tuna....enjoy...

Re: Hey

Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 am

padge73 wrote:Im hooked this is going to be one long cold winter. :roll:

So am I! :x

cold ? No!!

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:05 am

roll on january ----

http://www.nwalesflyfishingschool.com/v ... _a_b.shtml

Padge73 - packge arrives wednesday if your still interested.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:15 pm

Those videos are slick. Some of the takes in the peacock bass video are mental.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:25 pm

Those temensis/cichlids are really a fighter....its start to flood in malaysian water few years back and kill most of our native species.Its start when the aquarium store and an aquarium fish breeder start to dump their excessive fish to the ex-mining pond and local stream.They breed fast and eat all the local native fish.....now become one of the target of sport fisherman back home....and of course catch and kill.....btw....nice take on top water....

JimH....u got PM.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:38 pm

joe ,
just back from s america, got fed up with getting bannged ,locked,busted and basically beaten up by theses wonderfull creaturesso take your hooks off what a buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:34 am

Wow!!!! Anyone know wed winning lotto numbers? I gotta get out of here!! 8)

Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:42 am

What set up did u used G???What the biggest size PBass cought???

Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:37 pm

Its the best spinning ive ever done! over the last few years ive started to use poppers in The Gambia for jacks(trevally) and barracuda,s and every year it just gets better, i had one this year that took my 6inch 2-3/4oz Tsunami popper in its mouth "side-ways" :shock: and upon unhooking it it also had freshly killed mullet of about 3/4 of a pound still in its mouth behind my plug!! :shock: :shock: Another one i hooked up with i estimated at 25lb-30lb took my plug within a few feet of the shore line and took off sea-wards and in one swift headshake smashed me on 30lb power-pro, there just amazing fish and fantastic on light spinning gear.

Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:34 pm

Hey Paddy....any good fish from over there??Care to share some pic???Btw...regarding GT/Jack.....other than their body shape ,speed and stamina watch out for their tail.....the rough tail base that their have are well known for cutting up a seriously big mono....use a leader....a proper hard one to avoid getting bust....