Bass plugs/lures

Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:06 pm

new to the fishing and being trying to bag a bass for the last few weeks ........no success. I use a floating lure is this a good idea or is it best to use a lure that goes under the surface ????? Im gagging to put a bass on my catch list so would appreciate the help. Also what is the best way to work the lure, ive been pull, reel slack, pull, reel slack is this a good method to attract them or am i looking like a plonker lol

Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:51 am

It's all been said here rather eloquently by JimH:

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... highlight=

Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:28 am

EoinMag wrote:It's all been said here rather eloquently by JimH:

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... highlight=

Cheers for that dont think he missed anything out on that ...............took me 30 mins to read it lol :lol:

Re: Bass plugs/lures

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:32 pm

bouncer965 wrote:new to the fishing and being trying to bag a bass for the last few weeks ........no success. I use a floating lure is this a good idea or is it best to use a lure that goes under the surface ????? Im gagging to put a bass on my catch list so would appreciate the help. Also what is the best way to work the lure, ive been pull, reel slack, pull, reel slack is this a good method to attract them or am i looking like a plonker lol

bouncer give me a shout i will run thro the lure fishing with you,plenty of areas down cork way to choose from and first class contacts
bit of a negative response to a pertinant question on this thread i feel ,,
john hall is a good friend of mine down cork way,taught some so called experts how to carry on in lure and fly fishing

if you dont get any joy contact me i will gladly show you the basics

regards gee

Re: Bass plugs/lures

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:47 pm

cazbass wrote:bouncer give me a shout i will run thro the lure fishing with you,plenty of areas down cork way to choose from and first class contacts
bit of a negative response to a pertinant question on this thread i feel ,,
john hall is a good friend of mine down cork way,taught some so called experts how to carry on in lure and fly fishing

if you dont get any joy contact me i will gladly show you the basics

regards gee

With all due respects gee, read the link I posted, there's no one here is gonna do it better than that repeated in this thread......It's the best possible response which is why no one bothered to top it.

Cheers,
Eoin.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:07 pm

have to agreew with you eoin, cant see where the somewhat negative response came from...

Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:26 am

B

If you are in a position to meet JH then do so. I met him some years back for a SWFF primer - proved to be an inspiration over a very fast and enjoyable four hours.

There are plenty of good bass fishers on this site too - Lumpy, Mac, Cortaz, Rockhopper to name a few - loadsa info there

best
Jim

Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:40 pm

lack of response for want of a better word ,mabey,,, :shock: :shock:
gone and put my foot in it again!!!!!

its called a passion for angling
mabey i should take up golf!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:33 pm

cazbass wrote:mabey i should take up golf!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

things are never that desperate! :shock: