Kayaks

Forum to discuss angling from kayaks, canoes, portabotes and other coastal craft. Small boat and kayak angling in Ireland.

Moderators: MAC, anthony byrne

Postby richard » Fri May 11, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi Kev will do its always nice to to go out with somebody
going to irelands eye would be a bit much for me now need to build up the old arms for that
richard

Postby jack01986 » Fri May 11, 2007 2:25 pm

It would be a big paddle. :shock: . Only ever done it in a boat TBH.
jack01986
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 60 times

Postby Greywulff » Fri May 11, 2007 3:13 pm

Any chance of me tagging along weather permitting and I if can find you?

Where out of Howth do you launch from?

What type of fishing will ya be doing?

Wish this bad weather would bugger off.

Greywulff
Greywulff

Postby richard » Sat May 19, 2007 10:09 am

mac /greywulff would like to try and get out over the next 2 or 3 days for an evening session just to try out my yak
I think balscadden would be i good spot to start,if the winds stay the same but calm a little we might get shelter from howth head if we stay close in
Its been a while since i have been there but there is the beach the at the end of the village near the pierhouse pub might get down to it,
if there is 2 or more of us we have the hands to walk the yaks and the protabote down to the beach or we just wing it on the day
might try the fly and bring the spinning rod

let me know if your interested and we can keep a eye on the weather
richard

Postby Greywulff » Sat May 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Hello,

Yeah I'd be up for it but the day would have to suit I'm free all Sunday Tomorrow and Wed, Thu these days might also see the first break in the weather. Here Have a look http://magicseaweed.com/ I use this site for forecasting the swell heights and wind and as you say we would get some shelter on the east coast but we also have an off shore breeze. I don't know where Balscadden is so could do with a heads up. Actual not familiar with Dublin at all Call me A Cultchy but does anyone like driving around Dublin.

Have you a wetsuit cause you will get wet Guaranteed? The first 30/60 yards depending on the breaking waves will get you wet but once ur out beyond the breakers it OK.

Get back to me about 2moro so long as the wind dies down abit.

Greywulff
Greywulff

Postby Greywulff » Sat May 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Found Balscadden, Would have to meet ya at Howth harbour. And if we could meet up earler than evening cause I'd be looking at a 2 hour return trip.

Oh and which would be the better route from the N4. The M50 to the airport and across to Howth or Quays, Amen Street and the Howth road to Howth?
Greywulff

Postby richard » Sat May 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Sunday not good for me Wednesday i would only be able to get out of the office at 330 all going well would not get home and back out to howth till 530
dont think it would be worth your while if your looking at a 4 hour round trip
richard

Postby Greywulff » Sat May 19, 2007 9:44 pm

richard wrote:Sunday not good for me Wednesday i would only be able to get out of the office at 330 all going well would not get home and back out to howth till 530
dont think it would be worth your while if your looking at a 4 hour round trip

No! not really, I am working next weekend and off all the following weekend 2,3 of June I'd be intrested in a day trip. I work that four cycle shift so have to work two weekends a month but get time off during the week, But I take it you work Mon/Fri.
Greywulff

Postby richard » Sat May 19, 2007 10:15 pm

i do,we can a touch base again its only May plenty more days for fishing,i still have to get a few bits and bobs but would like to see your setup before i buy to get some ideas
i bought the bic bilbou fishing its a little smaller the the prowler but if i get into the yak fishing i can always trade up next year

talk soon
richard

Previous

Return to Yaks Attack!