damaged connector on 12v battery

Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:33 pm

Howdy,
the red connector on my fishfinder battery is damaged, cracked across the base of it, though I've been careful when attaching/removing the fishfinder connectors. Is there any way to repair this, steel putty/weld etc or simply get a new battery? it's not an old battery, only had it since summer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: damaged connector on 12v battery

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:20 pm

solder a piece of wire to it and add a male spade connection on to the tag end.

Add on, do the same to the other side then the same problem will not happen again.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks, Donal.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:36 pm

yes i have soldered some over the years myself, make sure the wires and connections you use are well insulated to prevent any chance of a short circuit, these things can get very hot and bothered if shorted :wink:

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:39 pm

nothing like a hot and bothered battery melting through the hull of a kayak while over 70ft of water on lough corrib :wink:

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:46 am

I know you only have it since the summer but it's only 8.50 ex vat fir a new one save all the hassle.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:41 am

haven't got them for that price, cheapest I can find is 25euro

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:46 am

25 Euro robbing b'starts . I get them in the electrical wholesalers or Reliable security products in Dublin.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:02 pm

hmmm. I'd no joy getting them in galway and had to buy online, but I'll look those fellas up so next time I'm in dublin I can get them. do the they have a website?

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:57 pm

www.rspl.Ie

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:49 pm

cheers. got a couple of them. You've saved me a packet,so goodstuff

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:15 pm

As d battery is a non maintain type if u had access to a emg light fitting d battery will work for u. Make sure if. U solDer a cable on its d right size. 1.5 sq should be enough.