Night session

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Decided to take a chance on Sunday evening as the winds were due to die down and no rain was forecast. Having said that it was going to be cold. I wasnt long about getting rigged up and launched for 7.30. I decided it was going to be a short session so I didnt bring the fish finder(bad mistake ) Off I went to find the reef, I wasnt long there when a small poor cod appeared blank saved whats next As usual mother nature turned the water on and the heavens opened not only did the heavens open but the wind turned northerly offering me no protection. Within minutes I was starting to get cold. I was surprised how fast I felt it. I wasnt long catching a few pollock, some more poor cod and a sea scorpion. The winds picked up slightly and it got uncomfortable with some waves breaking around me so I called it a day. It was grand launching from the harbour but going back was different. I couldn't judge the rocks and with no fish finder it was hit and miss as I couldn't see them. Any how I made it in safe and sound. Ive attached a short video, the quality is poor but im looking for ideas on mounting some sort of light for baiting up etc??????
http://youtu.be/lFRRRef0-W0

Re: Night session

Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:35 pm

yakattack visipole or a head torch would probably be your best bet. the headtorch would be a lot cheaper but the yakattack pole is really worth the money.

nice one on getting out there. might be hitting the east this weekend if you're about....

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Ye Gary just keeping an eye on the weather. Looks a bit dodge but fingers crossed

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:47 pm

A good High Lumen head torch would be the job. I picked one up recently for the bike and I think it would be ideal. I will pop a link up a little later.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:07 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383829318.987762.jpg

Bought this sl light a couple of weeks back.

Unreal headlamp.

Loads of settings. Very light on the head.

Back light red

Huge led beam can be dimmed shortened enlarged.
Red and green from led also.
Cost about €30.
Anywhere I go fishing I'm always asked the make and how much as people have bought a lot more expensive ones and this puts them to Shane.

I used about 40 hours if high light already on it and the batteries are still the same power.
Honestly brilliant all round head light.

I seen lights costing triple what I paid with less then a quarter of the light from them.
And I can turn down the display turn it up
Concentrate it to a tube beam

No I don't make them or sell them but I would definitely recommend them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Brilliant lads ! I'll be having a look

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:10 pm

This would be worth a look and can be a headlight or mounted... If you get this one make sure you get the 4 battery pack as well... This type of light is excellent if you are looking to get into or out off your mark... Super bright directional beam. You'll spot the Greystones HArbour wall from a mile out with these. Might be a bit bright for fishing under, but might be ok on minimum setting.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CREE-XM-L-XML-T6 ... 7863wt_932

If you want an out an out headlight this one might be an option.
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/1800Lm-CREE-XM-L ... 35ca27729d

Kev

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:43 pm

Brilliant mac looks good !