Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:00 am

Kayak(s): Hobie outback x 2

Duration: 7am-11am

Tide: Dropping

Weather:Beautiful at first then a fog

Bait: Rag and mackerel

Rigs: 1up and 1 down

Results: Dogs, Wrasse, Poor Cod, Pollack, Codling

Report: Its been a fair while since myself and the father were on the water together. We were on the road for 6ish and launched for 7. We headed straight to the reef I normally fish with the banter and usual slaggings flying. Thank god I was first into a fish :lol:
Reef1 002_500x375.jpg

I wasnt long waiting for dad to take the lead and he was soon hitting wrasse after wrasse :D . The drift was fierce fast by the time you unhooked the fish you were 300 metres down tide :shock:
Reef 003_500x375.jpg

Reef 014_500x375.jpg

It was then that the fog set in, visibility was getting worse but I wasnt worried as we were fishing only 300-400 metres out and could see the land :roll: or so I thought. I hooked up with a wrasse who was deep hooked and it took me a few minutes to get sorted when I looked up i couldnt see :shock: So we took a minute to gather our thoughts, with a compass and gps just incase but we were quick enough to find the shore and we hugged it around to the launch point. 30 mins later and the visibility was perfect :mrgreen: so on we fished. The wrasse were hitting hard all day with these two being the biggest
Reef1 051_500x375.jpg

Reef1 009_500x375.jpg

The father landed one of the biggest pollack I have seen in Dublin waters :P he carefully lifted it into the kayak, took his long nose pliers/forceps and carefully unhooked this fine fish. He then lifted this beautiful fish up for a trophy shot :mrgreen: and sure enough it jumped out of his fecking hands :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: so funny, I told him it doesnt count because there no evidence :lol: Smashing day on the water with 5 species in total and maybe 20-30 fish between us lets hope this fishing continues
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin Outing

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Nice report and photo's Anthony, what weight would you say the Pollock your Dad caught was. I have caught and lost some nice Pollock on lures over the years from the back of the East Pier.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:58 pm

well done anto good to here your da making a comeback, there are some good pollack around i had an 8lb fish last week and he is still swimming about :wink:

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:13 pm

Some fine wrasse there! Great day out!

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Mozza wrote:Nice report and photo's Anthony, what weight would you say the Pollock your Dad caught was. I have caught and lost some nice Pollock on lures over the years from the back of the East Pier.

Cheers mozza I'd say it was in the 4lb bracket, not huge by any means but definitely the biggest I've seen in Dublin waters
JOHN1 wrote:well done anto good to here your da making a comeback, there are some good pollack around i had an 8lb fish last week and he is still swimming about :wink:

8lb is a beautiful size John, maybe I could catch him next :wink: hope your keeping good
Kgarr wrote:Some fine wrasse there! Great day out!

Thanks kgarr

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:59 pm

he's within the reach of your yak, here is a little taste of it
8lb pollack.JPG
over 70 cm on the net 8) ,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Only seen this now John, that's a fine fish. Great to hear hes within distance of the kayak