Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:43 pm

Members: Anthony,Stephen,Pat,Kevin,Joe,Alan,Deco,Macker,John G,John H

Duration:Saturday and Sunday

Tide: All sorts

Weather: 17 knot winds and rain with some sunshine but calmed for Sunday

Bait: All sorts

Rigs: Everything

Results: Bass, Smoothounds, Dogfish, Whiting, Dab and Mackerel

Report: Where to begin with this report :roll: two days of tough fishing and the craic was mighty :D
I arrived at Cahore at around 11am on Saturday, Pat and Kevin were all geared up haven already been on the water :shock: things were too rough. After a quick chat with Pat and Kevin and some himming and hawing I started to get geared up.
Cahore 001_500x375.jpg

Pat was back on the water straight away and then the rest of the lads started to turn up. Myself, Pat, Kevin, Stephen and Joe all headed out about 400 metres the wind was ripping through us making life difficult. Pat was first on with a Whiting 2 inches in size :lol: Once again the weather got the better of us and most of us took an extended lunch brake.
The club members started to turn up in good numbers Macker, Alan, Deco John and John were all now there. We all gathered around John G to ask for his expert help and opinion he talked for a good 5 minutes and showed us exactly where to fish and how to fish it. Needless to say we all went in the opposite direction and sure enough the fish were flying in :lol: :lol: :lol:
400 metres out from shore anchor dropped and I was determined to stay out this time. Peeler down as the target was now a smoothound and sure enough I wasnt long waiting
Cahore 1 005_500x375.jpg

A quick shout over the radio and I was joined by Pat and John. Those lads werent long waiting for the smoothounds either and while we were waiting for the hounds we were kept busy with mackerel, dogfish, with the odd dab and whiting for good measure.
Cahore 004_500x375.jpg

Cahore 006_500x375.jpg

The lads in closer were kept busy with Alan taken the first bass of the day around 7lb and macker hitting another big bass but failed to land it :x As the sun dropped so did the temperature and we were off the water for 9pm. A lovely curry was prepared by Pat and then to the pub where we drank good beer, swapped stories and watched the ladies compete in the darts competition. One particular lady had a beautiful throw :shock: 8-)
The plan was at that particular stage was to get up at 4am and hit the bass, shame I didnt get to bed till after 4 :oops: :oops: :oops: I woke up with such a miserable hang over that I didnt venture out :cry: :cry: Lesson learned for the next time. The lads will fill you in on the parts I missed
I do believe I seen a picture of Pat with a bass in his hand :D :D and the rumour of a tope take :shock:
It was an absolute please to fish with you lads, the banter and hospitality was great. I look forward to the next meet.
While I was busy landing the hound Mr Harrington was busy trying to nick my divers reel and then he got jealous of John g's motor and tried to sabotage that not to mention catching his own prop :shock: :lol:
Cahore 1 024_500x375.jpg

Heres a quick video of just some of the action

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ov9UOOo8ocU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: East Coast Meet 2013

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:12 pm

Sounds like a great trip lads :) well done

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:31 pm

Cheers mate it was nice to get out even though the weather was little dodge

Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Wouldn't mind hooking up some weekend me and the mate have tarpon 120 and a camper

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:11 am

Sounds good I out most weekends until December then the weather usually beats me