Kerrygold! Kayak fishing Waterville 10/08/13

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:35 pm

First time kayak fishing and certainly not the last! what a great day in such a beautiful place!! Can't wait to get back down there! Tried for bass at 6am, sandeel and float, no joy despite perfect conditions they just weren't there! so, quick change of location and onto the drift for ray, not long before we hooked in to a couple, Thornback and blonde, plenty of other species including mack, horse mack, gurnard, and wait for it... a 2 lb TURBOT!! we then broke out the jellies for the Pollack, the best Pollack fishing I've ever experienced!! Might have to get a yak now.... everywhere seems to have a good mark when you're in a kayak!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Kerrygold! Kayak fishing Waterville 10/08/13

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:08 am

Great Fishing...

Once you go Yak, you don't go back....

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Great fishing lads well done! Kayaks are great for increasing your catch rate

Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:10 pm

brilliant wee report lads, great pics
lovely turbot, crackin pollack 8) 8)
kayak fishing is a great way to fish indeed :)

and btw, i always thought that you were in a kayak in your avatar there!..... :lol:

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:26 pm

good stuff :) looks like ye had a great day out there, fair play !

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:39 pm

HoleDigger wrote:excellent report, I'm deffo going to get into this sport next spring, where is the best place to buy a suitable beginners kayak? Any advice?

Give Kevin Brain a buzz @KBfishing, his yak are quality.... But your looking at a grand all in, I'm sure there are cheaper out there second hand (which I'm looking out for!) you should try get down to him Holedigger, best craic ever !

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:39 pm

chuckaroo wrote:brilliant wee report lads, great pics
lovely turbot, crackin pollack 8) 8)
kayak fishing is a great way to fish indeed :)

and btw, i always thought that you were in a kayak in your avatar there!..... :lol:

Yea kinda looks like it alright!!! Good shot that