Dublin evening session

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:40 pm

I decided to give one of the local marks a go on Sunday evening. I was launched and on the water for about 6.30 pm. Bit of a breeze so I dropped the anchor in about 30 ft of water to see what was about. I wasn't long in waiting, in under 1 minute I had the new 4ft rod christened with a small wrasse. :mrgreen:
Sandycove1 002_600x450.jpg

The rag worm produced about 9 wrasse over the next three hours. While having great fun catching these wrasse on the small rod :D I decided to bait up with big mackerel baits in the hope of a ling :shock: 10 mins later the reel started to click away and this lad appeared :shock:
Sandycove1 003_600x450.jpg

Then the dogfish came in and boy were they hungry, nearly every drop started to produce a dogfish :x
Sandycove1 006_600x450.jpg

At this stage I disconected from the anchor and headed off to another reef near by in the hope of maybe a pollack or cod. Again I wasnt waiting long when a pollack made an appearance
Sandycove1 008_600x450.jpg

Then the wrasse came back in doubles. I headed back towards the anchor to be pestered by dogs for the rest of the evening, oh but check this out one hungry whiting who wouldnt let go :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sandycove1 013_600x450.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin evening session

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Nice report Anthony. Is mackerel the best bait for Ling? I'm trying to add one to my list.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Cheers, I've had them on rag before aswell but big mackerel baits seem to do well

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:23 pm

great we session there, nice 1. loadsa fish
crackin whiting :P :lol: - i can only imagine his wee teeth got snagged in there and he couldnt let go! unbelievable....

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:13 pm

Nice session 8) That last photo should go on a motivational poster :lol:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:57 pm

chuckaroo wrote:great we session there, nice 1. loadsa fish
crackin whiting :P :lol: - i can only imagine his wee teeth got snagged in there and he couldnt let go! unbelievable....

Ye his teeth were caught on the elastic, no worries on this little fellow eh :o
Sweetwrasse wrote:Nice session 8) That last photo should go on a motivational poster :lol:

"Just hang on" :lol: :lol: :lol: