Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Kayak(s): Hobie

Duration:8-11

Tide: Low

Weather: Absolutely fine :P

Bait: Peeler and mackerel

Rigs: Flowing and 1up 1 down

Results: lots of dogs and 2 smoothounds

Since I landed that smooth hound 3 weeks back its been playing on my mind for another crack at them. Weather was looking ok but it was saying a sea breeze was forecast :oops: a little worried I was as this venue can be messy and 2 weeks back me,macker and Gary had to switch venues which isnt good especially as its an hour drive for me. Feck it I took the chance well it was glorius. Small dark silver fish maybe 2 inches long were jumping all around me even following the bait right up to the top of the water. I found it hard to keep the doggies away from the bait they were munching on everything. Every drop produced a rattle but it was mostly dogs. As the evening set one of the rods starting to twitch and bang off it went. Fish on and no doubts about this one :D I got it up on the yak a small smooth hound only for the little bugger to jump off before a picture :oops: Maybe an hour or so later a nice big bait took a fierce knock. It took both hands to hold the rod while it fought :twisted: We battled on for a few minutes and got her up on the kayak. Feisty thing had to pin it down with a leg just to calm things for a few seconds :shock:
Wicklow1 007_640x480.jpg

Measured in bigger than the metre stick which would put her in the specimen range. Absolutely a great fish to catch on a wonderful evening :D
Wicklow1 008_640x480.jpg

Wicklow1 009_640x480.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Chasing the hounds

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Nice session well done, nothing worse than a day when your plagued with doggies, but I am not complaining when they save a blank;)

Re: Chasing the hounds

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:37 pm

cheers bass boy doggies can be good sport but not when your after spending a fortune on bait and they keep eating it lol