looking for info

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:22 pm

just wondering lads regarding spinning inshore for pollack what the best way to go about,
it should i anchor up or drift over an area, also interested in jigging is this a good tactic from the yak ?

Re: looking for info

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Jigging with a pirk and a feather rigged a foot up as a teaser works well for pollock , I don't fish in a yak , but I fish in a boat and we fish for pollock on the drift , look for structure like weeds and rocks and you should pick up a few,hope this helps

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:54 am

As said already, I usually look for rocks. For me I love to use rag worm as the wiggle like Fook and attract the fish. Another one I use is pink hawkeye drop it down and reel in slowly until I hit the level where the fish are

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:04 pm

thanks for that lads

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Hart worms on a jighead will get you bigger pollock also sabbiki muppets work well and will get you more pollock but ones smaller in size. Trolling a lure is also successful then there's fly fishing with a sinking line, a great way to catch pollock from kayak, its a sure way to get you're heart pumping, just don't let them reach the kelp :oops: . The sabbiki's will pull in wrasse.
The best way to fish for pollock for me is to do it on the drift with a drogue to slow down you're drift, they should be attached to an anchor trolley thats set up to the side of your kayak. Drogues are easy to use, they're simple to bring back into the kayak when you want to change a drift.