5 species a day keeps the doc away

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Hit Dublin Bay on Sunday evening for a few hours fishing, sure how could I not the sun was beaming from the heavens and the wind welllllll sure what wind :D It was the calmest I have ever seen the sea. Beautiful warm only down side was the traffic on the water was ridiculous :evil: . 2 minutes on the water and I was on to the first fish of the evening a wee Codling. I then headed out further into the bay. Kept busy the whole time with Wrasse, Pollock, Codlng, Pollack and Dabs. It was a great evening.Oh but there was one hiccup. The small kayak rod took a fierce knock towards the end of the evening. I lifted the rod trying to hook the fish but failed so I sat patiently for the next few minutes with the rod ready to strike :twisted: after about 4 minutes I gently lay the rod down on my lap and BANG :shock: :shock: The rod was pulled over the side :x :x I dont know if I was sad to lose a rod and reel or happy that there was a decent fish down there :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :(
Check out the video its at the end

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wA3sed_b4X4&feature=youtube_gdata

Re: 5 species a day keeps the doc away

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Unlucky about the rod mate, but not a bad session , would attaching a spring or something on the reel and onto the side of the kayak so it wouldn't fall over ?

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:50 pm

I normally leash both rods to the yak but just forgot to leash this one :x

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:46 pm

I lost a brand new Rod'n'Reel 2 years ago,hooked some Macks on my first rod
had my second rod layed beside me after hitting Macks on that too,Busy
with the 1st rod I watched helplessly as a Seal took hold of the "free Macks"
and my R'n'R into the bargain.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Aww man I feel for you, it's always the rod that's not tied up

Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Hard luck on the rod.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks for the replies folks. No better excuse to buy some new gear :lol:

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:49 pm

terrible luck anto, results from the kayak much better than the shore :D

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:37 pm

joeflan35 wrote:terrible luck anto, results from the kayak much better than the shore :D

Cheers Joe, I'm finding the kayak just gets you to those spots you can't reach on foot. Gotta get you out with us