Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Kayak(s): Just me

Duration:6.50pm - 9.10 pm

Tide: Rising

Weather: Warm sunny

Bait: Peeler, rag, mackeral

Rigs: All sorts

Results: 5 Smooth hounds 4 Dogfish and 2 Whiting

Report: I was sitting in the office from 8am yesterday morning looking out at the sun shining and people looking all summery :x At about 1 pm I decided to head out to get some lunch,I just couldnt believe how the weather was looking so a quick call to the lads in South side to sort the bait (peeler/rag) and a quick call to the wife :shock: seen me finish work at 4 .Ive never had a Smooth hound before, with all the conditions looking good North Wexford was the venue. A quick spin home to load up and I was at the beach for about 6.30.
All geared up I headed out about 300-400 metres from the shore and started the evening with a drift only to relise the drift was faster than expected this ment for some tiresome paddling or drop the anchor and stay put. The anchor won hands down. I then went to switch on the fish finder only to find out I never rigged up the battery Idiot. Not the end of the word. First up was a Whiting (flashbacks of last week) followed by few doggies.
A quick change of bait and I wasnt waiting long for a fierce bite on the small rovex rod and look what appeared
I wouldn't be surprised if the wife heard me cheering at home. Absolutely ecstatic. I wasn't long waiting for another, another 4 to be exact

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C6-rBcrT1M4
The last smooth hound caught really put up big scrap I brought him up to the side of the yak but the fecking line got caught up with the other rod a fast decision was made and the other line was snipped well worth losing a rig :roll: . Best east coast session Ive ever had :D :D :D :D I really love when a plan comes together
Before anyone starts the slagging the music is to cover up some of the bad language used
Last edited by anthony byrne on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: A smooth session

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Nice one well done on your first hounds looks like great crack on the light gear 8)

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Good session.Love to give it a go 8).

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Cheers lads. Great crack on the small rods

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:52 pm

see u in the sea angling magazine getting great reviews brilliant well done :wink:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:58 am

Nice one Henry . I didnt even know it was in the magazine. Page 28 of the sea angler mag. Woohoo I'm famous :lol: :lol: