Copper Coast

Forum to discuss angling from kayaks, canoes, portabotes and other coastal craft. Small boat and kayak angling in Ireland.

Moderators: MAC, anthony byrne

Copper Coast

Postby BassYakker » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:04 am

Hi all,

I'm a relative newbie to kayak fishing having only caught my first bass last year. Recently I spent two weeks on the Copper Coast recently and managed to get out a few times.

On our first trip we set off an hour before high tide and 10 mins later we were fishing. After just 4 casts I had 2 fine bass :shock: much to the consternation of Jimmy:D. I nearly died with excitement :lol: :lol: Never had a buzz like it! Got 3 more bass before things dried up and the heart slowed down :) . Bass heaven !(for me anyway). Jimmy got a fine Bass too :) and a lone mackerel on the Zonk :lol:

Our next trip to the same location was less successful - a single bass for me and nothing for poor Jim :lol: . We also had a friendly chat with the fisheries patrol boys who were passing :shock: . Nice lads.

All in all, a great couple of trips (for us anyway!)

Heading back down there this evening :D Hoping to target a few Pollock for a change :wink:

BassYakker

Re: Copper Coast

Postby hurler01 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:41 am

Well done, pollack on light gear or a fly rod are good craic from the yak :D
hurler01
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 34 times

Re: Copper Coast

Postby Sleep With The Fish » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:23 am

Hi BassYakker

Sounds like great sport.
Most of my fishing is done on the Copper Coast and this year I have concentrated on lure fishing. With the weather conditions being what they are fishing has been fairly poor this season.
I've been thinking of getting a kayak for a while now and was just wondering do you think your chances of sucess are increased from the kayak as opposed to fishing from the shore.
Sleep With The Fish

Return to Yaks Attack!