Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:47 pm

Kayak(s): Ride 135

Duration:9.30 - 2.30

Tide: High at 1

Weather: Sunny and warm

Bait: Rag and crab

Rigs: All sorts

Results: 12 Pollack

Report: I was down visiting the in laws in Cork over the past few days so decided to sneak the yak on the roof and hope the wife wouldnt notice Last two times I headed to Cork I blanked. There was no way on earth I was going to Cork again and not catching a fish so before I set on my merry way I got in touch with one of the club members who helped me out and sent me in the right direction. Theres a few drinks owed for that :D . So friday came with the rain pissing down it was hard to get out of the bed but eventaully got my lazy arse up and on the road. What should have took 40 mins took over an hour I took a few wrong turns As I got to the Courtmacsherry area the sun came out and was shining hard The targets were Pollack and possibly Bass. Pretty much straight away I was on to a Pollack.Great sport with the lighter rods.
The Pollack were coming hard and fast swimming up to the top grabbing the bait,lures,jellies and heading straight back down :mrgreen: The smallest of the day was just under 1lb with the biggest I reckon was 4-5lb
I paddled around a fair bit in serch of other species but the Pollack were dominant in this particular area. Not a mackerel caught all day

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vk-jf59Uk-Q&feature=g-upl
Times moves too quickly when your having fun before I knew it it was time to get off the water. Got to say I had a great day on the water . The Pollack can be really good sport on the right gear . Im already looking forward to the next session

Re: Cork session

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:39 am

class video,,,i presume thats a handheld camera you have installed up the bow urself,,,,i can see the pollock in cork dont like to be too long in the hands of a dub :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:05 am

It's a go pro hero2 camera very handy bit of kit. It has a remote for recording , taking photos etc. It comes with mounts for mounting it.as for the pollock they were on drugs some crack on the lighter gear :P

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Nice going Anto, What rod where you using my mate has one like it for the boat.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:09 pm

The rod I was using in the video is the rovex 4ft 3 inch kayak rod. Rated 8-12lb. Very sensitive tip but can handle a fair punch . Cheap as chips at €25. I have rods that cost 8 times more but I still prefer this little beaut