Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Kayak(s): Ride 135

Duration:7.30-11.00 am

Tide: High at 10 ish

Weather:Windy

Bait: Rag, Sandeel and Squid

Rigs: All sorts

Results: 12 Ballon wrasse 1 Dogfish 1 Cuckoo Wrasse

Report:Planned an early session Sunday morning. According to wind guru it was to be a windfree morning but that wasnt the case when I got there It was blowing a westerly maybe 15 knots at first and a chop but manageable. Only had the lines in the water when a wrasse came biting.
Happy with that I headed further into the Bay against the Wind planning for an easy drift back to the launch point. I then tied off to a lobster pot over some clean ground which produced a doggie.
Things went fairly quiet for awhile so I headed for some deeper water but the drift was too fast and I left the anchor in the car so back to a different lobster pot and the Wrasse were biting hard. Great crack it was. Nearly every drop produced a Wrasse. Only problem was I was running out of rag and nothing was touching the sand eel or squid. Deciding to move mark once again I headed for the rough ground near Dun Laoghaire which produced a Cuckoo Wrasse :D
Gota say that made my day a lovely looking species and a very first for me.Mean while the other rod took a fierce knock but as i was reeling in the line went slack :x so I dropped it straight back down only for the same to happen again. A big fighting thump but once I reel in it was going dead. I decided to reel up the line and rebait the rig. I dropped the line down and about five minutes later a nice wrasse came along.
A personal best for me :P That was pretty much it with the worms so I drifted back to the launch point and headed home.

Re: Dublin Mark 17-6-12

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:33 pm

fair play on the cuckoo anthony great looking fish 8) , they would be classed as fairly scarce up this way :?

Re: Dublin Mark 17-6-12

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:28 am

Cheers John . I couldnt believe it was a cuckoo wrasse beautiful looking fish