inshore fishing and looking for some help around Kinsale

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 am

Hello all.

I recently acquired a 4m inflatable to use for some inshore fun.Iv been out a few times with mixed success.My problem is I don't know where Im going.Im not looking for peoples most secret marks just some well known reefs of patches of rough ground around the kinsale area.I fished the ling Rocks last week with great success.Any help would be great lads.

Re: inshore fishing and looking for some help around Kinsale

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:14 am

Get out off the Old Head...In the race... there's some lovely reefs close in and lots of fishing to be done there! If you have a sounder you'll pick these areas easily.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks Jim.I have a sounder and charts from cork harbour to the old head but I'm still trying to learn lat/log readings so I wasn't to sure how far off the head the reef was.Hopefully Ill get a chance to get out next weekend some time.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Ric... your some man to go that far offshore in a 4m inflatable? What kind is it?

Not sure about Kinsale, but I have the Garmin charts on my PC is you want any screenshots of the reefs etc.
Also have the old fashioned charts from Kinsale to Dingle :)

Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Donnyboy1 wrote:Ric... your some man to go that far offshore in a 4m inflatable? What kind is it?

Not sure about Kinsale, but I have the Garmin charts on my PC is you want any screenshots of the reefs etc.
Also have the old fashioned charts from Kinsale to Dingle :)

Sorry my apologise ,it was the Sovereign rocks I was at.
Thanks for the offer Donny.I have the old maps and I bought the new 2010 tough chart from cork the galley head.So they should give me some idea of where to go.Are the lings far offshore ?

Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:34 pm

http://www.infomar.ie/data/Google.php

Find the one marked "Cork Coast" it might help a bit