Fishing Boat

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi everyone,
I am thinking of buying a used fishing boat for under 1000 euro

I have noticed several lake fishing boats on www.donedeal.ie and was wondering weather they were capable of fishing estuarys and maybe 100 yards out from the Beach.

Re: Fishing Boat

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:37 pm

i would buy a 13' osuillivan or dory , but i always like to be careful grown up on small boats and when things go wrong it happens fast . its only my view but dont buy a lake boat 10' sea boat much safer.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:28 pm

its up to you but if it was me. i would not buy a LAKE boat for the SEA. if you did only fish a 100 yards out and your engine failed or your oar broke or got lost you could travel miles in minutes. i know the area you fish very well and with the wind and current around the area Ive seen the water change in seconds. been in a lake boat miles out to sea is not a funny site and the RNLI have enough to do with out that. done deal is a good spot to get a boat but give it a bit of time and keep a keen eye out you could get a nice sea boat for a few more euros. as for the size on this coast line any thing under 16ft is too small .17 18 19 foot up . then you can fish in comfort. this is my opinion . tight lines stay safe.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:36 pm

you wouldnt want to be buy anything less than 17ft ,lake boats are too narrow for the sea.the weather can change in minutes and you will be in trouble then,try get a spin in someones sea boat before you buy anything

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks

I'm looking at a Sea fishing boat on www.donedeal.com from Mayo
It looks a bit like Purteen so it must be good!
Also it comes with a 20hp engine is that strong enough?
I would only go out about 100 yards

thanks

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:21 pm

Potatonator wrote:Thanks

I'm looking at a Sea fishing boat on http://www.donedeal.com from Mayo
It looks a bit like Purteen so it must be good!
Also it comes with a 20hp engine is that strong enough?
I would only go out about 100 yards

thanks

didnt see any boats from mayo with 20hp on donedeal.just make sure you get someone that knows about boats to check it out second hand engines can be a minefield,you dont want it to fail when you need it most.if its too cheap, its cheap for a reason.best of luck

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks
Its something like 1360 euro