Dublin 23-12-11

Forum to discuss angling from kayaks, canoes, portabotes and other coastal craft. Small boat and kayak angling in Ireland.

Moderators: MAC, anthony byrne

Dublin 23-12-11

Postby anthony byrne » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:11 pm

Kayak(s): Wilderness 135 (on me lonesome)

Duration:8.00-9.30

Tide: High at 10

Weather:15 knot wind speed but very cold

Bait: Mackerel , squid , mussel , black lug

Rigs: Flowing trace

Results: 1 codling

Report:Decided on an early start this morning . Weather at home was mild with no breeze and things were looking good.Headed to killiney first as it was still dark when i got there i decided the surf was too much for me and i didnt want to be over turned and find my gear all over the beach :? So decided on a rough ground mark near dun laoighre. I knew i wouldn't have any shelter but i could launch easily.30 mins later i was launched and on my way.Headed towards the harbour itself and hooked up to a buoy,dropped a flowing trace with squid and mussel .Not a tap !!!Decided to paddle a hundred metres to another bouy and dropped down again . The bait wasnt touched.Changed bait to mackeral and again not a tap.Had a root through the bait bag and came across a half a lug rap.Sure no harm in trying i thought.Dropped down and straight away on to bites. Lovely,baited up again with lug and another knock that produced a codling no big size but glad to see him.Went to bait up again only to realize i had only 1 lug worm left. :evil: Dropped down again with bites straight away but no takers and then got snagged . Called it a day after that as i was a gobshite and didn't pack extra clothes . It was so mild at home i thouhgt a track suit under the dry suit would be grand but how wrong was I. Couldn't feel me hands or feet.Felt good to get on the water and i was targeting cod so wasn't a total failure.The pics are poor as the camera went dead and the spares were in the LED on the kayak so had to use the phone
Attachments
phpSeGpRjAM.jpg
phpSeGpRjAM.jpg (28.88 KiB) Viewed 838 times
phplh0ySRAM.jpg
phplh0ySRAM.jpg (18.75 KiB) Viewed 838 times
http://anthonybyrnekayakangler.blogspot.ie
Irishkayakangling.com
Kayak Species 2011 (6)
Kayak Species 2012 (14)
Kayak Species 2013 (15)

For this message the author anthony byrne has received thanks: 2
eyesreilly (Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:08 pm), joeflan35 (Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:09 pm)
anthony byrne
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 147 times

Re: Dublin 23-12-11

Postby RobertMcClean » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Fair play for making the effort Anthony.
Thresher
Call Sign: EIDV5
RobertMcClean
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 8 times

Return to Yaks Attack!