Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Kayak(s): Ride 135

Duration:7.45-9.00 am

Tide: Low tide

Weather:Very windy

Bait: Black lug and mussel

Rigs: 1 up and 1 down

Results: 1 ling 2 codling

Report:Headed out to get the yak this morning to find some plonker had blocked the entrance to my garage :evil: Not the best way to start the morning had to throw the yak over the head and carry it over the roof of his car (sorry about the scrapes :lol: ).Headed out to Dun laoighre in the hope id get some fishing in before the bad weather .Very windy to start with but the gusts were managable . Headed to the usual spot and straight away a ling . Another drift later and a codling followed by another. It was fairly sheltered to start with but the gusts became too bad and i had to call it a day.Its a shame because the fish were biting hard.Great scrap off the ling on the lighter rod.Quick session but great to get out. I needed a confidence boost seen as Joe flan beat me 25 whiting to 1 last week :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin mark 17/10/11

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:50 pm

very nice. a few for the pot..?
a couple of healthy lookin fish there mate. nice wee session

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:28 am

They all lived to see another day.it's great to see some good codling early on. Hopefully it's a sign of good fishing ahead.Cheers chuckaroo

Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Nice fish. I have to say though that you must be a lunatic putting a yak on water with yesterdays forecast :lol: Seriously though.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:44 pm

fair play to ye anto,nice fish :D :D :D

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Stephen8wood wrote:Nice fish. I have to say though that you must be a lunatic putting a yak on water with yesterdays forecast :lol: Seriously though.

to be honest mate this thought did cross my mind also.. :roll: after reading a report posted a while ago about a lucky escape, i really am weary of the kayaking now : viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35840&hilit=lucky
im sure you have read it anthony but, just in case, i hope and trust you have every angle covered incase of an emergency!......... 8)
cheers

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Safety first lads ! I have a dry suit/immersion suit and pfd along with a Phone and gps device.swells were nothing to worry about at this particular Mark as it's in the bay and sheltered as for the wind , wind guru had wind speeds at 15 knots up to 12 o clock. Thanks for the concerns as things can turn very nasty in the blink of an eye just like the post you mentioned chuckaroo. Very lucky man

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Sure you know what you are at. I wouldn't know what to do with a yak if i had one so I shouldn't be criticizing. :wink: