Rigs

Tue May 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Anyone suggest a few rigs for kayak fishing ?

Re: Rigs

Wed May 11, 2011 11:29 am

if i was you i would buy the sea angler or tsf magazines,,,,they do have good bits on kayaking in there so maybe you might find what you are looking for

Wed May 11, 2011 11:46 am

Why would kayak angling be any different to shore or small boat angling in terms of rigs?

Wed May 11, 2011 12:25 pm

JimC wrote:Why would kayak angling be any different to shore or small boat angling in terms of rigs?

Exactly,

All depends on what you're after anthony. Generally 3 down rigs for clean bottom fishing ie. a boom or zip slider flowing on your main line with the lead attached. then a 3 down rig attached to a clip swivel flowing behind the lead.

For rough ground you can use a 3 up rig which has the lead at the bottom of the rig and 3 hooks up above it.

Spinning is also very effective in many locations.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:01 pm

Seaniebo wrote:
JimC wrote:Why would kayak angling be any different to shore or small boat angling in terms of rigs?

Exactly,

All depends on what you're after anthony. Generally 3 down rigs for clean bottom fishing ie. a boom or zip slider flowing on your main line with the lead attached. then a 3 down rig attached to a clip swivel flowing behind the lead.

For rough ground you can use a 3 up rig which has the lead at the bottom of the rig and 3 hooks up above it.

Spinning is also very effective in many locations.

Sorry lads I forgot about this thread. Thanks seaniebo just the info I needed . I was out spinning last week on the kayak around the killiney area no takers. I'll be bringing bait next time. Hopefully might produce a few. As for the difference in rigs Jim I found alot of them are just like a flapper rig.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:11 pm

if you would like to go spining from the yak i would suggest a small rod bout 6ft or boat rod whatever, and we used lures by just trawling them behind us where ever, pollock wer taking them and also coalies!!!!!!!!!!!

and even a seagull took one off one of the lads ha ha ha ha