West Waterford 26th & 27th June

Forum to discuss angling from kayaks, canoes, portabotes and other coastal craft. Small boat and kayak angling in Ireland.

Moderators: MAC, anthony byrne

West Waterford 26th & 27th June

Postby Stan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:34 pm

Got my new Torque at beginning of month. Main reason to target bass. These fish are very wary and hard to get near in shallow water in a boat and yet they can be out of the shore anglers reach.

Friday was the big test. Headed out on Friday. Glided along at a low speed casting up and down the bank. After a while I noticed terns about 600M diving down..... BASS :?: :?: Headed out and cast into shoal. On 1st cast had 3 hits and landed one :D :D . Shoal moved and again I went in search of them. Landed 2 more :D :D . Saw terns again and joined them. Landed 2 more :D :D and lost 2. The Torque did not disturb the bass.

On Saturday it was very sunny. Several angles were fishing form the rocks. I cruised up and down casting toward the rocks. Didn't expect anything. Low and behold I saw a silver bass charging at the lure and bang. I was pulled around by it. After a great fight he was landed :D :D . A pollock soon followed. Then I broke the rod trying to pull the lure out of a rock. :oops: :oops:

As regards the kayak it is good but Ocean Kayaks will need to improve it. First of all it is aimed at fishermen and yet there are no rod holders. Secondly, the connection that were given to me for the battery had to be bolted on and off. I think at the price a few croc clips should be provided.
Stan
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 277 times

Re: West Waterford 26th & 27th June

Postby seanie35 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:07 am

great fishing stan do you think the kayak would suite drifting around the cunnigar :?: 8)
Species....good film.....I'll get my coat
seanie35
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 231 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby edgar » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:16 am

Hi, Seanie, just bougth one for that. Waiting for good weather to give it a go, will let you now how it goes.
Last edited by edgar on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
edgar
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby trout hunter » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:19 am

Well done sounds great!! What size was the biggest bass? Well done once again!!!
Are all fishermen liars or do only liars fish?
trout hunter
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Yaks Attack!