PORTNABLA FISHING TIPS

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi there just looking some advice or a fue tips ive booked a house in portnabla for a week and ive got a small 14f boat so im looking any help on were i mite get a fue fish on and of the boat and were it would be safe for me to go if the weather is good ill have the new fishfinder with me this year as last year hadnt got one and the fishing was ok so any help would be great thanks

Re: PORTNABLA FISHING TIPS

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Unless you know well what you're doing with your 14 footer, or the weather is exceptional, I wouldn't venture out past the Horn. Stick inside Skate Bay. Indeed, be wary of going past Dungap if the weather looks like freshening.

Watch yourself around Breaghy Head too. Catches out a lot of inexperienced folks there in the wrong combination of wind/tide.

There's good scratching to be done on the foul ground out in the middle of the bay, out from Killahooey. Anything up to tope sized fish, but your more common pollock/coalies/gurnards are to be expected.

Fresh mackeral for bait.

Re: PORTNABLA FISHING TIPS

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:30 am

YES 100% iv been down a fue years and unless its like glass i wouldnt be goen out to far dont fancy the swim back :shock: :lol:

THANKS ANYWAY