Ocean Kayak Prowler Opinions??

Forum to discuss angling from kayaks, canoes, portabotes and other coastal craft. Small boat and kayak angling in Ireland.

Moderators: MAC, anthony byrne

Ocean Kayak Prowler Opinions??

Postby Tipp Angler » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi,

Having owned a caper for a short while now and got my confidence I am looking to move onto a new vessel, I already have a buyer for the caper and have got some great quotes on getting a Prowler from the UK. Having seen the pics of another members recent pike outing I think this is the yak for me now.

I was wondering what the opinions on this kayak are and if people have pics of there's, the one constraint I had with the caper was the speed and also the capacity it takes, this seems to be no problem with the prowler.
Tipp Angler
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Ocean Kayak Prowler Opinions??

Postby Tanglerat » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Thinking along those lines myself - the Ocean Prowler seem to be the standard the others are judged against. Do you mind if I ask, what price have you found for it in the UK?
Tanglerat

Have thanks: 381 times

Postby anthony2carr » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:10 pm

I didn't go the prowler route. I got this for pretty much same price. Paddle leash, anchor setup, seat and rod holders come as standard

Heritage Angler 12.

Never paddled the prowler, but have seen one up close. would imagine there is zero difference in sability.
anthony2carr
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby silversurfers » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Ihave the prowler trident 15ft and it is great for me.Very steady on the water. Lots of storage space.Covers distance nicely.Turns a little slower on the water and slightly heavy for putting on roof rack.Glides over the suface nicely on the move, I enjoy taking it for a paddle some days without fishing gear,. Cant see me ever changing it. If I wanted a lighter craft I expect it would be for touring and not fishing so would not be looking at angling versions. I have enjoyed covering about 12 miles one day searching for 'bassy' marks. I like it :D
silversurfers
SAI Lug Worm

Postby surfingjonny » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:17 am

Hi, I looked at the prowler last year, but ended up going with Liquid Logic manta ray - very well kitted, comfortable and stable. Good for the sea - worth a look :)
surfingjonny

Postby IDPearl » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:22 pm

just enter "prowler kayak fishing", without the quotes, in Google - there's a stack of info there with some really nice set-ups.

There's some good/bad reviews on paddling.net, which is one of the links in google.
Malaysia/Singapore Species list: Grouper, Catfish (Salt water), Puffa fish, Barracuda, Sea Pike, Gar Fish, Giant Trevally, Leopard Murray Eel, Grass Carp, Sardine, Rainbow Runner, Chinese Mackerel, Flying Fish, Stingray, unidentified reef fish, Dorado (Dolphin Fish), Gelama, Ketuka, Flathead, Striped Tuna, Chicken Fish, Red Snapper, Fingermark Snapper, Emperor Snapper, White Snapper, Golden Snapper, Sweetlip, Blue Spotted Ray, Sailfish, Parrot Fish, Whiting and a whole bunch of others!
IDPearl
SAI Sea Dog!

Location: Was Dublin, then SW France, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Malaysia - Singapore!!
Have thanks: 1 time

Return to Yaks Attack!