lough gill, co.sligo

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:10 am

just a quick report...bright sunny day so decided to try my new rapala lure (assorted) from santa :mrgreen: ...arrived at lough gill still the water on ice...cast a couple of hours no joy :cry: ...so i decide to troll the lure...bang...result 4'8'' winter pike :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: lough gill, co.sligo

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:10 pm

wat weight do ya recon it was.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:45 pm

around 20lbs i guess...

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:50 pm

fair play zeke it must have been bloody freezing .

great fish i didn't know lough gill had pike in it :oops:

Where did you end up getting your yak :?:

was it you who phoned me during the summer re a yak :?:

Danny

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:07 pm

yes that's me...i got my prowler at bantry...chat with the local 30lbs pike caught last week...ill try this saturday again if the weather's good :wink:

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Congrats on getting out zeke. My kayak is in storage until waters warm up.

We're not a million miles away from each other. Could organise to meet up for sea fishing trip later in the year.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:09 pm

no problem just pm me and if im available we can organise time and date ok
anthony2carr wrote:Congrats on getting out zeke. My kayak is in storage until waters warm up.

We're not a million miles away from each other. Could organise to meet up for sea fishing trip later in the year.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:20 pm

zeke wrote:around 20lbs i guess...

nice fish

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:24 am

thank's dan...not bad to start my 2009 pike fishing on my kayak :wink:

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:31 pm

did you try ny dead baiting, at this time of year til about may dead baits are best, spinners, lure and plugs are more of a summer sport. find a weedy bay surrounded in reeds and fish your bait about 5 yards away from the reeds, dont fish ny more than about 1 foot over depth but about 1-2 feet up off the bottom is best, roach i have found best as a deadbait punctured through the swim bladder. size 6-8 trebbles.

you may pick up more fish.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:03 pm

wat type of lure were u using.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:11 am

cool fish it must have been good fun the fish playing you have cught aloot of half pound natural brownies at home and i thought it was fun but that id say was a chalange is that an rtm kayak i have a paseo angler ,and a dico+ angler and key largo angler, i sell them and was that a garmin sounder ya are well kited out

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:12 am

cool fish it must have been good fun the fish playing you have cught aloot of half pound natural brownies at home and i thought it was fun but that id say was a chalange is that an rtm kayak i have a paseo angler ,and a dico+ angler and key largo angler, i sell them and was that a garmin sounder ya are well kited out

Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:08 am

dan wrote:wat type of lure were u using.
rapala glass red head(HJ14 GRH)

Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:15 am

rebelfisherman26 wrote:cool fish it must have been good fun the fish playing you have cught aloot of half pound natural brownies at home and i thought it was fun but that id say was a chalange is that an rtm kayak i have a paseo angler ,and a dico+ angler and key largo angler, i sell them and was that a garmin sounder ya are well kited out

thanks rebelfisherman26...about my sounder,im using Eagle Cuda 242

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:48 pm

zeke wrote:
dan wrote:wat type of lure were u using.
rapala glass red head(HJ14 GRH)

rapalas always do they job,

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:33 pm

nice pike well done

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:30 pm

woo!!!!thumper of a pike there zeke, you must have felt like a happy camper after getting that one 8) 8) a big well done mate...

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:14 am

This post is a year old ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Nice one zeke mate :D

Fentster wrote:This post is a year old ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

I know :D Someone replied to it which brought it back up. I am only getting around to putting a comment up now, it may be a year late but better late than never! :lol: