Fish Finder for Inflatable

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:25 pm

Any advice on buying a fish finder for my 3.3m inflatable.

I have a budget of around 100euro, does anyone have recommendations on certain makes etc

Also how can you mount one of these to an inflatable?

Re: Fish Finder for Inflatable

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:42 pm

I bought the eagle cuda for about 130euro from Rorys in Temple bar. With the prices they have for everything else, i'm sure you could get it cheaper elsewhere.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:01 pm

I have a portable eagle cuda, bought it about 4 years ago in the USA for less than $100. It does the job well for spotting features / dangers etc when I am getting to know new areas, but I do not use it for "fish finding" and if this is what you want better qulity might do the job better. Its easy attach the sensor to the transom and the battery life is good. I have had some problems with corrosion of the battery connections but seeing as it got flooded at the back of the boat on several occasions over the years its hardly a suprise and only needed some soldering to fix. The units itself to date has proved totally waterproof!

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:53 pm

To be completely honest. I haven't had much use for my fish finder.

Great for telling the depth of the water, which is handy for fly fishing. But , except for finding mackeral a fish finder is burger all use inshore.
Just my opinion.