Boat fishing County Clare

Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi All,

The Wife and I have recently moved to County Clare from the UK for the fishing and the lovely scenery,but let's be honest the fishing for me is the main reason,as i do a lot of beach fishing.

Anyway last weekend i was lucky enough to go out boat fishing from Kilrush on a charter boat owned by Bourke's fishing tackle shop in Kilkee.

The skipper James is very qualified and knowledgeable in fishing and local history as he explained about Carrigaholt and it's castle's past.
He even slowed the boat down so i could take some photo's of the dolphin's for the wife,and lovely snaps they were too.

Anyway back to the reason i am writing this post, We fished about 5 miles of Loophead and the Kerry shoal's,first we caught
the Mack's for bait and then moved on to the larger fish,and there were
plenty, 4 boxes in 3-4 hours including Cod to 4lb,coalies to 7lb,pollack to 10lb,gurnard to 2.5-3lb,ling to 15lb and doggies,pouting and whiting ect.
All in all 9-10 different species.

What a great DAY :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tightlines

Anthony

Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:25 pm

sounds like a great day. any pics of the gurnards if they where grey or red they would be specimen size. grey ia 1.5lbs and red is 3lbs. probably tubs!!

Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:27 pm

sounds like a great trip, could you post some of the photos?

boat fishing county clare

Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:37 pm

I will down load photo's as soon as i can sort out my computer.
thanks for reading this post.

tight lines

Anthony

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:36 am

so sorry to hear of the unexpected problem with computer...looking forward to pics

Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:58 am

Very nice trip. Well done.

Kev

Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:54 am

Nice report Anthony, nice fishing ! You were very good to take ' the wife' along with you. Can you recall what depth of water your were fishing and were you out W of Loop Head?

P

Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:42 am

Hi anthony,

We have a trip booked next weekend weather permitting for that place so i'm interested. I spoke to the skipper today and he said last sunday was one of the best days of the year
for his boat as well. Was it just mackerel for bait? could you post more details of rigs tactics etc for the different species?

jw

boat fishing county clare

Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:11 am

yes the bait was just mack's on hockia's and running legers,and can anyone tell me how to download the photos on to the post as i am sure
its me and not the computer please help

regard's

Anthony

Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:37 am

Hi
You should be able to attach the photo- though you may have to resize it first

this may help.
http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... hp?t=12034