Any dealers for capers in Cork???

Forum to discuss angling from kayaks, canoes, portabotes and other coastal craft. Small boat and kayak angling in Ireland.

Moderators: MAC, anthony byrne

Any dealers for capers in Cork???

Postby bouncer965 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:25 am

Im looking to invest in a Caper for fishing and have scanned the net and have not been able to locate a dealer in the cork area. If anyone has an idea would be very grateful as im itching to get my hands on one !!!!!
Catches for 2012: Pollock, Mackerel, Dogfish, Sea Trout, Ballen Wrasse

And more to come on the end of my line ............
bouncer965
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 16 times

Postby Greywulff » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:36 pm

Union Chandlery deal with Ocean Kayaks, Chat to Brian I'm sure he'll order u one in.
Greywulff

Postby scottarm » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:18 am

not a Caper but i canoe in dublin are selling emotion kayaks at 50% off €40 postage makes the exhilerator (or however its spelt) €300. its the same length and width as the caper and for that money less than a second hand caper!
scottarm
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Greywulff » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:56 pm

One thing to bear in mind when choosing ur yak is the weight capacity. Taking ur weight into consideration and the tackle, anchor fishfinder and battery etc etc.... :shock
The Caper takes 150kg
The Exhilarator takes 125kg
And for a little more money than the Caper the Prowler 13 takes 205kg.
So really you are getting what you pay for with these cheaper brand kayaks. Suppose if ur not that big into fishing from them and will spend more time playing in them the cheaper would make more sense. But if ur make an investment to fish from ur yak the better makes would probably pay you back in the long run.
Greywulff

Return to Yaks Attack!