Switch to full style
A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.
Post a reply

Help with technique

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:33 am

New to shore fishing this year , I have always done a bit when salmon season was over but I'm really after taking to the sea fishing this year and bought some half decent gear . I'm doing ok with the fixed spool cast but I went away and got a Penn 525 mag having never really used them before . I have a 13 "6 Shakespeare agility Mx rod and there is 18lb mono with a 18-60 lb shock leader

I'm not getting birds nests which is a good thing I suppose but I'm struggling to match the fixed spool cast and I have to use a lot more energy casting the multiplier for little distance. I suppose I should try make a video but is there any basic things that I might be overlooking ,do people still meet up to practice ?
Thanks

Re: Help with technique

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:47 am

Hi Paul C, I'm no expert caster but I do well enough to get a few fish. You could do worse than check out Mickser's post which has a few links to you tube videos on casting. These can be very helpful. You could also search for videos on setting up multiplier reels.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50343

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi Paul, nothing much going on at the moment with the casting.
where are you based? I could meet up and run you through the basics..

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:10 pm

What cast are you using ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Post a reply