This weekend

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

This weekend

Postby folanf2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:48 am

http://www.metcheck.com/IE/7days.asp?zi ... &findtype=

Good winds forecast for the weekend hopefully it will stay like this!
Frank

SPORTSCAST IRELAND

For this message the author folanf2 has received thanks:
lugworm (Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:03 am)
folanf2
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 18 times

Re: This weekend

Postby Paddy002 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:02 pm

:D :D Brilliant!! over the last week and a half my reluctance to believe that fishing during an easterly breeze is a waste of time has being utterly changed!! roll on the weekend
2019 Species:
Codling, Whiting

2017 Species:
Mackerel, Dog Fish, Whiting, 3 bearded rockling

2016 Species:
Pouting, Cod, Coalfish, LSD, macks, pollock, dogfish, Bass, Eel, Garfish, Ling, conger, yellow fin tuna, Skipjack Tuna, parrot fish, Trigger fish, Scad, Conger, whiting

2015 species:
Codling, sea bass, mack's, flounder, Dab, three bearded rockling, coalfish, dog fish, bull huss, ballen wrasse, Pollock, European eel, cuckoo wrasse, ling, conger,scorpion fish, cod, pouting, blue shark, whiting
Paddy002
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 48 times

Postby paddyc » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:09 am

Yeah fingers crossed is a decent day.. See you all for the usual 10am start...
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby Paddy002 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:51 am

Paddy002 wrote::D :D Brilliant!! over the last week and a half my reluctance to believe that fishing during an easterly breeze is a waste of time has being utterly changed!! roll on the weekend

Hey Paddy, I'm relatively new to shore fishing bar the summer time mack basing!! and was previously a non believer in the scenario that if the the wind is in the east leave the rods at home. but after so many blanks in the past week and a half after a few weeks of great fishing im now a believer :lol: :lol:

But why is this the case?? can the wind have that much of an effect on water temp?? obviously it effects clarity but i thought the murkier conditions would be of a benefit when bottom fishing?
2019 Species:
Codling, Whiting

2017 Species:

2016 Species:
Pouting, Cod, Coalfish, LSD, macks, pollock, dogfish, Bass, Eel, Garfish, Ling, conger, yellow fin tuna, Skipjack Tuna, parrot fish, Trigger fish, Scad, Conger, whiting

2015 species:
Codling, sea bass, mack's, flounder, Dab, three bearded rockling, coalfish, dog fish, bull huss, ballen wrasse, Pollock, European eel, cuckoo wrasse, ling, conger,scorpion fish, cod, pouting, blue shark, whiting
Paddy002
SAI Bait Ball

Postby ShaneH » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:00 am

Paddy002 wrote:
Paddy002 wrote::D :D Brilliant!! over the last week and a half my reluctance to believe that fishing during an easterly breeze is a waste of time has being utterly changed!! roll on the weekend

Hey Paddy, I'm relatively new to shore fishing bar the summer time mack basing!! and was previously a non believer in the scenario that if the the wind is in the east leave the rods at home. but after so many blanks in the past week and a half after a few weeks of great fishing im now a believer :lol: :lol:

But why is this the case?? can the wind have that much of an effect on water temp?? obviously it effects clarity but i thought the murkier conditions would be of a benefit when bottom fishing?

I'm afraid your barking up the wrong tree this thread is for tournament casting wind direction
Sportscast Ireland

For this message the author ShaneH has received thanks: 2
beachbuddy (Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:22 am), paddyc (Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:57 pm)
ShaneH
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 284 times

Postby Paddy002 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:31 am

My Bad! getting a bit off the point!1 google will have the answers!!
2019 Species:
Codling, Whiting

2017 Species:

2016 Species:

2015 species:
Paddy002
SAI Bait Ball

Postby lugworm » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:11 am

looking forward to it now meself lads.... hopefully this great weather we are having will stick around for us..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: see ye on the hill lads :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
WESTCORK AND DISTRICT S.A.C.

SPORTSCASTIRELAND
lugworm
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 87 times

Return to Casting