In Need of Help

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

In Need of Help

Postby iasccarra » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:56 pm

Seasonal Greetings to all, I trust that all is well.
I have just recently purchased mag 525 and rod combo, As this is my first multiplier reel I do feel that I ought to furnish myself with serious lessons in the area of casting and care of reel, I am in the cork area and would really really appreciate if someone could help me or direct me to somebody who could. lets be clear here though I am talking ABC, though a fast learner. maith agaibh.
iasccarra

Postby m.b3 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:20 pm

if you are around Dublin in the early new year feel free to give me a shout. failing that i can talk you through setting up the reel for fishing? there are a few posts up now on the forum dealing with questions on the 525 and there worth a look- try a search.
m.b3
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 143 times
Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby petekd » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:39 am

All I did with my 525 when I bought it was drop some rocket fuel on the bearings and a drop on the spindle. Its been singing like a bird ever since. Certainly the easiest multiplier to use I ever came across. Based in the Cork area myself (Ballygarvan), usually head out most weekends with another forumer (phanover). Give us a shout if ya like and I can show you the basics. As a matter of interest, what rod did you get with it?
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 114 times

note of reply

Postby iasccarra » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:10 pm

maith an fearr Peketd, I have just sent you a (pm)
iasccarra

Return to Casting