getting more grip?

Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:17 pm

i,ve two gruavell teknos rods that are cold and slippery to cast the butt has an aluminium end thats smooth and very uncomfortable to cast in our cold climate and when retreaving your top hand is straight onto the blank ,anyone any idea,s for more grip and a warmer experience? :lol:was thinking eva grip anyone know a site or supplier ??

Re: getting more grip?

Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:22 pm

use a pair of weightlifting gloves they certainly help me when Im training outside and give me good grip on the bar so no reason why they wouldnt work for fishing either. Theres quite a selection to pick from.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Sure god love ya, your poor hands are cold. Looks like you have 2 choices.
1 stay at home in front of the fire,
2 man up and stop being a b1tch:grin::grin:

Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:32 pm

red wrote:Sure god love ya, your poor hands are cold. Looks like you have 2 choices.
1 stay at home in front of the fire,
2 man up and stop being a b1tch:grin::grin:

Or 3 grow a pair :)

Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Ha ha I bet if u were pulling in some nice fish u'd have no problem with the cold :lol: :lol:
I have the same problem :oops: :oops:

Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Roger get a grip! :lol:

Bought a 2nd hand Zippy last year that had tennis racket grip around it. Really comfy on the fingys :lol:

Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:32 am

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri ... date=29305

this might do the trick for you roger. Hurling grip various colours yours for only 2.49 each :wink:

Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Had the same problem over ten years ago and solved it with"hurling grip" as in john1's post never had to replace them only taken off to wash and put back on again
mickser

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Hurling grip of course!

Or why not use all that Braid you love so much and put it to some useful use! It would be like a wolly glove!!

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:33 pm

http://www.rodringsandthings.co.uk/inde ... MASTERWRAP
Ive been using these for years now and no complaints so far..
Roger if your down my way I think I have some hurling type grips you can have..

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:23 am

thanks for all the genuine answers :? since when was this site somewhere where people come to jest and mock someone who has a genuine problem ,something that will effect alot of people in their latter years feeling cold and slippery isnt funny at my age !
have the youngsters on here no respect for the elder site user when they reach out for help??? :(

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:00 am

Hurling grips are great :)