Pendulum Practice TXL

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:40 pm

So I think it is the first time this wind has been behind me for a practice. Not sure of the distance but went further than my pb's.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=adQUT3Q8qu4

Re: Pendulum Practice TXL

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:58 pm

good style of cast there , but not alot of power , left arm not working , the butt needs to come into play aswell in a rod like that , if your not loading the entire rod your being robbed of distance , nice try , keep up the good work

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:33 pm

cheers for your feedback.

this cast is purely for timing purposes and the i agree the left arm did not finish very well and i could have delayed the hit a little more...

Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:59 pm

Didn't look too bad I thought. Comes round the side nicely, not chopping it. What lead is that you are using?

Kind of hard to tell what power is in it, depending on what lead you are using.

150g? If so it looks to have a good bit of power, in my opinion of course.

And one other thing, you could have chopped the 1st 35 secs off the video instead of wasting my Megabyte usage! Just being a tight b*****d. :lol:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:09 pm

yea 150g mate. i tried editing it on my phone. it was melting me mate so i loaded the lot of it.

thanks for the comments

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:14 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Y2rFjA_V8Y

This is the only footage i got on Sunday at the UCC. Brilliant fun as always. casting up hill with a bit of wind. my best distance was 248 yards on the 150g. now to start working on the finish again

Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:58 pm

yes bit of an improvement , however lazy left arm still there and this might be causing the spool slip and the crackoffs as you start to use the power in the butt section ? keep goin

Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:13 pm

the video at the top is actually better than any of the casts in the video at the ucc. i agree that the left arm is lacking. cheers for the feedback.
can i ask what rod you cast yourself

Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:51 pm

yes , a zziplex zf250 , i noticed myself using the zziplex bullets that the harder stiffer butt section that was harder to bend caused spool slip under load , thats why i mention it to you as a possible cause ? not knowing your full capability i was airing on the side of caution when you asked for opinons and feedback , i dont want to sound rude etc if your one of the more talented casters ? keep up the good work m8

Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:07 pm

not at all pal. I value your opinions and feedback. I would not consider myself a more talented caster either. I have a full two weeks to tweak a couple of thing before the next meet. I noticed I still have plenty of time in the inswing but it does look alot better. My left (as with a lot of other casters) is my biggest issue. The issue is actually with me is - not getting the body fully round before i go into the 'hit' and hence why the cast finishes earlier than i want. The converse is if I try and want to get the left tuck right into the armpit I cut the crap out of the arch and come over the top.
regards to the spool slip or line blowing up : - I was just greedy and back the mags off nearly a full turn (16 sec free run)
regards to the snap-off : - I reckon this was due to the previous cast when i pulled the lead out with the leader out of the ground and stretched the crap out of the line.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:00 am

interesting to hear that the top vid is one of your better casts. Sometimes the more relaxed hit goes the further :roll: Then you give it socks and "CRACK" I would agree that the left arm looks like it's not pulling it's weigh, but it looks to be doing less in the top vid. :?: hard to tell. The only thing I could suggest (and this is coming from a person that cant get past 200M with the 150g) would be to try get the left arm to finish a little lower. Try get it to finish inline with the belly button. I think this might bring it into the equation more :?:
Best of luck,

Kev

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:37 am

cheers for the feedback mac

with such a powerful rod its difficult to get the left hand working the rod fully to finish the cast also. so its more to do with training and trying to get the left hand finishing further each time. Its kind of an illusion when it snaps off because with nothing there to pull against you so you can finish the cast - hence giving the illusion the cast is alot more powerful, where in fact this is the amount of power that actually is going into the cast each time.
If i were to finish at the bellybutton then i cut the crap out of my cast and come over the top to much, this would also snap the crap out of my shoulder as well.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:20 am

why use such a powerfull rod then , a softer action rod would help you better when coming around the corner and stop you cutting the arc ?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:33 am

i am not cutting the arc at present, i would if i came over the top in my videos

I want to use such a powerful rod because i want to get more distance and this rod has added at least 15 yards on my cast without getting no were near its capabilities.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:34 am

cant argue with that , if its adding yards to your cast then ? but alot of high swing guys like a softer actioned rod ? as it helps with the problem associated with high swing and that is going over the top ,

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:34 pm

I heard of some people using the txl gt for the heavier leads. food for thought

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:18 pm

round_ourway wrote:with such a powerful rod its difficult to get the left hand working

Dont get Power and Stiffness mixed up..
would it still be the case if you were using say an XTR 50/50? which IMO would be simular power wise in the butt ,, but a miles apart in stiffness....

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Great to see you posting Spidercrab, very insightful as always!!!

Round Ourway keep up the good work.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:53 pm

spidercrab wrote: i noticed myself using the zziplex bullets that the harder stiffer butt section that was harder to bend caused spool slip under load

Here Sam, have you still got your old bullets?
You must drop down some time and try the new ones, they are a hell of alot lighter,, might get the bug back in you :lol:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Here Sam, have you still got your old bullets?
You must drop down some time and try the new ones, they are a hell of alot lighter,, might get the bug back in you :lol:

I'd even come back to see that! :D