Switch to full style
A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.
Topic locked

The Not so good, the bad and the ugly

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Well I had a interesting day today , first off heading over to Lancefield to check out the field and possibly get in a bit of a practice in lead up for the comp. Whilst everything is nice and dry the field had a large number of cattle in it and the grass was too long for casting. Hopefully this will be eaten down by the 28th & 29th. If not we will need to be careful of fire risk as well as the annoyance of grass seeds in everything.

Not to be disheartened I then decided that I would drive down to South Barwon reserve and do some casting there. Well as luck would have it there were quite a few of the model plane guys about at the top end of the field and therefore for safety reasons I opted to cast straight into the southerly that was keeping things cool.
I started casting with my Century E1000 and after a few loosening up casts started to get into it. As you will see in the video I wasn't doing that good but still having fun. :D
I did get a few bad ones in as you will see with the lead smacking the deck and throwing up a fair bit of dust :oops: .
After a while I decided to give my full length TTR a run with the stock 7HT that I am doing most of my practice with. It was good as I could leave the nag setting on 7 and just punch the casts straight into the head wind with no dramas about backlash.
The added diameter and additional length of the TTR was a little unsettling though I did get a few reasonable ones away. I started to relax more with the rod and as usual forgot to reset the mags with the resulting birds nest with the lead out about 70 meters :oops: , it still ended up about 250 meters away though not attached to the rest of the running line.

The weather was good and I will be out and about again possibly on Thursday evening to get things a bit better.

http://youtu.be/kBnJjJWKTRE

:D
Topic locked