Switch to full style
A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.
Topic locked

throw your zippys away , long live DAIWA

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:41 am

throw your zippys away , give them to the kids to play with , get your self a diawa Tournament SLR
with a new breakthrough in carbon technology -X TORQUE .
:mrgreen:

look it up on totalseamagazine.com

Re: throw your zippys away , long live DAIWA

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:25 am

break in the middle more like :shock: :shock:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:13 am

scannerman wrote:break in the middle more like :shock: :shock:

A now i would not go as far a breaking your zippy in the middle . :roll:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:13 pm

its the dark side for me....

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:59 pm

http://www.totalseamagazine.com/news/it ... eakthrough
Looks interesting alright,, but the proof will be in the pudding, so when are you bringing her up for a test drive John??

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:11 pm

excellent, a new range of sapling supports :lol:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:47 pm

kindling

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:50 pm

paddyc wrote:http://www.totalseamagazine.com/news/item/173-carbon-breakthrough
Looks interesting alright,, but the proof will be in the pudding, so when are you bringing her up for a test drive John??

are they even on sale yet ? . paddy you probably have 2 on order.
willie bendit wrote:its the dark side for me....

diawa once held the world record ( i think ) and if the top casters would get over brand name ( zziplex) and go for Quality ( diawa) it would be again

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:34 pm

AG wrote:kindling

Ha ha

How they can they promote it as a carbon breakthrough. Is what they are saying in that above link not pretty much the same as Century ATT?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Captain Hook wrote:
'daiwa once held the world record ( i think ) and if the top casters would get over brand name( zziplex) and go for Quality ( diawa) it would be again'

Most zziplex users bought their rods for quality rather than brand name. If they (daiwa) had a few demo rods floating about. £499 is a lot of doh for a rod you might not like. Same with harrison, anyfield anywhere etc. I would like to try some different makes but seems an awful lot of money.

How hard would it be for a company rep to go to a few casting club meets and let people try them out.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:59 pm

Quality and Daiwa :!: :!: :!: :!: pleeeese. most zziplex owners are converts,yet to meet a Daiwa user who ditched a zziplex . and i didnt switch to a zziplex because of brand name or whatever...i given a tatty 2500to try out it ticked all the box's.and switched from .....yep you guessed it.....pair of Daiwa Longbeams :shock:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:49 pm

diawa once held the world record ( i think ) and if the top casters would get over brand name ( zziplex) and go for Quality ( diawa) it would be again

yeah far as I know Daiwa have advanced plans to reconstruct paul kerry with bionic limbs..

:shock: :shock:

I can only assume your taking the piss captain

Daiwa are a brand name on a gigantic scale, a massive manufacturer of fishing tackle...annual turnover is in the hundreds of millions.

the fact that terry carroll of zziplex [with his tiny company and resources in comparision] has for over twenty years produced the casting rods of choice for 98% of the tournament fraternity has little to do with brand and everything to do with quality.

It is in itself an incredible acheivement.

:!: :!:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:47 pm

yeah far as I know Daiwa have advanced plans to reconstruct paul kerry with bionic limbs..

:shock: :shock:

I can only assume your taking the piss captain

Daiwa are a brand name on a gigantic scale, a massive manufacturer of fishing tackle...annual turnover is in the hundreds of millions.

the fact that terry carroll of zziplex [with his tiny company and resources in comparision] has for over twenty years produced the casting rods of choice for 98% of the tournament fraternity has little to do with brand and everything to do with quality.

It is in itself an incredible acheivement.

:!: :!:[/quote]

taking the piss :lol: :lol: :D :D yes .
good do :D :D

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:47 pm

i heard some anglers using daiwa rods tend to "drop" a lot of fish so better to leave them in the garden where they can be useful :lol:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Private Ryan wrote:i heard some anglers using daiwa rods tend to "drop" a lot of fish so better to leave them in the garden where they can be useful :lol:

:lol: If he is not dropping fish,he is throwing his beloved diawa away :lol:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:55 pm

I have 4 daiwas and they are all brilliant and Zziplex have nothing anywhere close to them and never will.

Daiwa ST
Daiwa 7th mag x2
Daiwa Slosh 20

Daiwa rules!!!!! :D

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:50 am

snots wrote:
Private Ryan wrote:i heard some anglers using daiwa rods tend to "drop" a lot of fish so better to leave them in the garden where they can be useful :lol:

:lol: If he is not dropping fish,he is throwing his beloved diawa away :lol:

:D to much power . no control :roll:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:25 pm

captin hook wrote:
paddyc wrote:http://www.totalseamagazine.com/news/item/173-carbon-breakthrough

are they even on sale yet ? . paddy you probably have 2 on order.
willie bendit wrote:its the dark side for me....

so how many years have you worked for them :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:27 pm

if a rod wont bend only one way it wouldnt be much use only for an over head thump!

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:36 pm

kstaff wrote:I have 4 daiwas and they are all brilliant and Zziplex have nothing anywhere close to them and never will.

Daiwa ST
Daiwa 7th mag x2
Daiwa Slosh 20

Daiwa rules!!!!! :D

now u have the reels get yourself the rods [ diawa st with diawa slr ] :D
Topic locked