Worlds

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:08 pm

This comp was by far the toughest comp ive ever competed in, not only being up against top casters from all over the globe but with daily temps from mid 30s to near 40! high humidity and wind that only blew true to the court for a while each morn and pretty much the same for the last round in the evenings, the rest of the day was a lottery on the oche, if it would be with you,, or 90-degrees to you,, or a head wind!!! along with many court changes over the course of the 4 days, captain's meetings that ran into the wee hours more than one night, all made for a very interesting weeks casting,,,,but none the less Team Ireland sucked it up and went at it,,,
We also had the crack and made many many new friends (NACHO FOR PRESEDENTE!!) and to top it all off we came away with a medal (big well done Paul a great achivment).
To sum it all up,,, It was a great learning curve, a fantastic experience but over all a great moment for Irish Tournament Casting and long may it continue...

Just a few of the pic,s-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Worlds

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Fantastic pics there lads.

Jez Paul you havnt changed a bit ! congratulations on the medal 8)

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:31 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:52 pm

A big well done to Italy A on the win in very hard conditions and also to 2nd and 3rd place England A, France A on a very tight competition,, also to the Argentine team who really are one's to see in the top ranks very soon (and a bunch of great guys), we finished mid table in 7th and deff something to work from for next year,, i would also like to thank Pay Bay and RRT for getting behind us and to Tom Burness for his continued support.
Few more pics to follow..

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:59 pm

well done men you did us proud and the only irish team to bring a medal back, congrats

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:57 pm

GREAT STUFF LADS!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: well done!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:05 am

Great pictures Paddy 8) Realy enjoyed the worlds, it was a huge learning curve for us all and i think it will stand to us in the future. It was amazing to see Danny on top of his game, and see many casters id never seen before. The spirit within our team and the general atmosphere between all the casters there was amazing and i want to be part of more world championship teams in the future so time to knucle down to the hard work :D A big well done to Paul Noble on his Medal, well deserved man 8)

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:29 am

great pics lads and well done a great effort by all i,d say the heat was a killer :!: fair play on getting in on the medals paul 8) i,d say your chuffed!!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:36 am

Very tough event in bad conditions but it was a great week in fairness. Yep over the moon with a medal in the worlds, especially on the big fella 175g. It is an individual medal but it felt like a team medal in the sense that it may just help a little in the cause for others casters to follow on from this year. 7th was a good team position. We only lost points by 1 metre on a couple of days and less than 10m (aggregste for 4 casters) on other days so without Danny casting for Belgium and a tiny bit of luck (Italy B nabbed us barely on a day or two I think)we could easily have jumper up a couple of notches. France, England A and Italy A are all previous world champions and extremly experienced teams. Outside of that there was a very motivated Argentinan team so all in all we have to be happy enough.. Thanks for putting the pics up Paddy. Massimo sent me the medal presentation...... embarrasing(and proud) but here ye go.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ciponion#p/ ... Rp9eNiTYjk
Well done to all again, it was great to be part of it.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:57 am

Well done men......a brilliant first time effort,only good things to follow. 8)

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:16 pm

We did very well in the steak eating comp,,,,, :mrgreen:
poss 1st and 2nd!!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:38 pm

keep the snack box,we want steak! looks like you left the sun roof open paddy.......

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Brilliant pics there hawkeye!!! there must of been no italian women on the island while ye were there? :roll:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Congratulations to Every member of Team Ireland.

Lets hope that you'll be there in 2012.

8)