West Cork and District Club Casting Day

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:17 pm

A huge thank you the guys from the club for traveling all the way up for what was a very memorable day. Conditions were quite tuff today with little or no wind, (gusting to 3mph!! :roll: ) high humidity and air pressure (1018mb) yet some impressive distances were achived, the crack was 90 from the off and continued through out the day, but at the end there could only be one winner, so a big well done to Cliff Gallogaly.

Results in Meters:
Cliff Gallogaly-175.20
Paudie O'Driscoll-172.50
James Kiniry-161.81
Graham Flanagan-154.27
Sean O'Brien-140.10
Colin Mulvey-139.90
Joe Ganley-129.60
James O'Donohue-123.60
Roy Galvin-121.51
Rory Ganley-96.10
Danny O'Riordan-92.80

Forgive me if i have spelt any names wrong (With hand writing like that AG should be a doctor1) so please let me know the correct spelling..

Here are the top 5 improvers for the day:
James O'Donohue added 61 meters,
Danny O'Riordan added 49 meters,
Rory Ganley added 39 meters,
Graham Flanagan added 36 meters,
Joe Ganley added 23 meters....
Well done to everyone...

A few of the best pic's from the day:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: West Cork and District Club Casting Day

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 pm

A great day was had lads really enjoyed it thanks ta all the boys from sports cast!
This is danny

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:42 am

thanks to the sportcast lads for their excellent tuition with us .i enjoyed the day immensly the crack was good plenty of banter weather was not ideal for casting as paddy said but there is no substitute for technique with the sportcast lads making it look so easy banging out some big casts, [we will be back :D ] thanks again paudie :D

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:46 am

thanks lads for a great day my casting has gotten way better, good pictures too :D

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:51 pm

Many thanks to the sportscast Ireland lads for an entertaining and highly instructional day. The knowledge and insight into field casting these guys have is only outshone by their incredible patience and willingness to encourage and educate. I think everybody that travelled up was impressed at both the general advice and the individual instruction given. Definitely a super day out for any club and one which will no doubt be repeated by west cork and district. I cant wait! thanks again paddy, andrew, shane, john, dennis and crew.

cliff.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Just want to say thanks to the sportscast lads, they are legends! I think everyone learned loads and also added a few meters- whilst having a bit of craic! Ive been out practicing mad myself while all the info is still fresh in the brain :lol: so hopefully ill be hitting 200m by the next time we head up... or at least keeping my casts on the court :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks Colin.