Swing Speed Practice

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Swing Speed Practice

Postby JPS » Sun May 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Well after having only short sessions during my lunch breaks I decided to have a session down at Geelong before I headed down the coast for a fish. I started out with the Penn 525T Mag and 150 gram as that is what I had been using during the week off the local beach and wanted to get a better appreciation of the distance that I was able to get with this fishing reel which is heavily magged with an N50 rated magnet.

I was happy that it was in the 210+ meter range but not sure of exactly how far as I hadn't brought along the range finder or the tape. Still based on previous session on the field I had a reasonable understanding of the distance.

After two casts with the Penn I switched to my Daiwa 7HT which was loaded woth 0.35mm line and started casting the 175 gram with a faster inswing as suggested by a freind from the UK. Still didn't get the timing right and could have waited a fraction longer and turned a little slower but still that's why I keep going out trying to get things right in my head as well as getting the body used to the feel of the cast from start to finish.
The distances with the 175 gram were better than with the Penn so I was reasonably pleased with how things our going.

Here is the video for people to have a look at , any comments or suggestions welcome as always. :D

http://youtu.be/jBFgsLZdCok
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Return to Casting