Change of Attitude to my Swing

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Change of Attitude to my Swing

Postby JPS » Mon May 09, 2011 12:48 pm

Well had another relaxed day down at the field that I have been casting at and after initially continuing with my ealier style I felt that I needed to change things around so that I could get a bit more attitude / sting into the cast than what I have had of late.

I changed two things one being a slight increase in the hand placement by approximately 1 1/2 inches forward of what I have had. Also I simplified the back swing compared to what I had been doing. In the video clip you will see the first three casts are whta I have been doing for a while. I find that getting the feel of the lead more difficult for me with this and have adopted a much simpler style that I find lends itself more to the speed of my cast.

Also I find that I can get the tip of the rod much lower in the turn and then hit it hard , I still need to delay the hit a little and allow more left arm pull but that will be more work in progress as we lead up to our June comp.

Any feedback or comments appreciated. :D

http://youtu.be/SvxxNC7EH2Y
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Re: Change of Attitude to my Swing

Postby eoghanb » Tue May 10, 2011 9:46 am

Find a surf beach flick out a bit of bait 50yrds then chill out and take in the sunshine! :D
eoghanb
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 336 times

Re: Change of Attitude to my Swing

Postby JPS » Tue May 10, 2011 11:55 am

I do but at times it helps to get the baits out past the last break.

:D :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Return to Casting