Need all the help I can get

Mon May 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Im looking for advice on gettin the most distance out of my casting. Ive just gotten back into shore fishing and was never a big caster. I use a 12 foot beach caster and a shakespeare fixed spool. I see a lot of people use multipliers on the beach.are these better then fixed spools. Any tips on getin the most distance greatly appreciated.

Re: Need all the help I can get

Mon May 02, 2011 11:24 pm

No hurry in going on to multipliers mate. Best to get a nice smooth cast 1st otherwise you will end up thinking multipliers are a waste of time. Whereabouts are you based? Theres bound to be someone can give you a few pointers. Or get along to Sportscast Ireland or UCC day. Either way with a few basic tips you will gain many yards in just one session.

Tue May 03, 2011 12:05 am

cheers for the reply,im in south co dublin. Il head down to my local sports field early in the morning and see how i get on.ill get back in touch with things i think i need improvement on

Tue May 03, 2011 1:36 am

sounds like you need a few basic casting lessons to get you started

as stevie indicated, multipliers can be a problematic without experience

good technique will get the distance irrespective of reel anyway

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f12rBB-mgDU

Tue May 03, 2011 1:42 am

cheers for the vid mate.already seen a few things im doing wrong.will get out and work on it tomorrow.

Tue May 03, 2011 1:55 am

your welcome, keep us posted on progress :wink:

Fri May 06, 2011 1:51 pm

If you are based anywhere near Wicklow i can give you a dig out and get you on the right track,,,

Fri May 06, 2011 2:56 pm

thanks mate, thats very nice of you. Im in south dublin and drive so il definately take you up on that offer. Il just have a look at the roster tonight in work and see how im fixed. Il be in touch over the weekend. Thanks again.