Back on the road to rebuilding Cast

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Well with the opportunity to get in a bit of practice now available to me with three weeks leave I decided that I shouldn't waste any time and headed off down Westerfold Park in the hope of getting some lead downfield. Well the weather was great but the recent rains and warm weather has left the field badly overgrown and not able to cast on without a lot of tangels. Plan two saw me heading over to Carey sports field where it is possible to get a few casts in with a lead as long as there are no other people about , otherwise you have to revert to using a ball or casting plug.

As luck would have it I was able to use all three , as the day wore on it was decided to stick with just the plug and practice technique , as you will see it was time well spent and I am happy with the results. Mick P also came down and we worked on his off the ground casts as well .
Mick was focusing on getting a better arch and delaying the hit for as long as possible which he was happy with for the time we spent down there.

Here is the video footage that I took for the session.

http://youtu.be/hoNEWJXmGFo
Feedback, comments or thoughts would be appreciated. :D