Dawia millionaire proteus 300

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:07 pm

hi lads,i have the above reel,question is,i have never been beach fishing,would this reel be ok to cast with from the beach,has anyone got one,are they any good,bad etc,any advice greatly appreaciated,eddie.........

Re: Dawia millionaire proteus 300

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:43 pm

you might want to remove the level wind to help in casting, idont know much else about it, you might be better to look at a fixed spool set up to start off the beach casting esp if fishing at night :wink:

Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:42 pm

I had one a few years ago for fishing close in .A bit like the older daiwa multiplier i had years and years ago i think it was called a 6hm.Good little reel for clean stuff but the level wind does inhibit casting due to lack of grip on the spool.As said already removing the levelwind would make it easier to control things,the black 7ht would be a better choice if you want to stick to a multiplier very safe and easy to use,failing that the fixed spools today are excellant and trouble free especially for night use.
The proteus Is still a very handy reel if your not trying to hit the horizon .
Tight lines
Mike

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:47 pm

The reel should be ok for clean ground work. If your new to beach casting try using the reel as it is, when you get a used to it then remove the level wind and install a CT bar.