looking to upgrade

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:47 pm

hi all, i have being fishing now for a number of years, and i am now looking to increase my casting range. I would not be an expert caster by any means {yet :lol: } but dont want to spend a lot of money on a rod which doesnt suit my reel i have 7ht millionaire mag great reel, am thinking of pairing it with a zziplex (maybe hst) as i have heard great things about them, any advice would be great. My preferred casting style would be the pendulum cast, thanks lads

Re: looking to upgrade

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:58 pm

You have the best fishing reel on the market there in the 7ht mag so no worries there. Id be looking to match the rod to the type of fishing your doing and the type ground/strength of tide you mostly fish, rather than pairing rod and reel. I use the HST and its a brilliant fishing rod, good at long range and good bite detection once your not using it to scratch out a few fish at a comp or the likes. The HSM is also very good better tip for bite detection but wont quite hit the distances of the HST. The Ian Golds range of rods are well worth a look with the extractor and the internatioanal match both very capable rods and half the price of the Zzippys.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:42 pm

i use a hst fishing absolutely love it, i have also got my best distance on the field with my hst to and 7ht mag,

if your anywhere near me give me a shout and you can have a go at it,

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:41 pm

thanks lads if u give me a pm dbrock and i get in touch do most of my fishing down that way thanks again